Part 17!

You sit anxiously at the table, holding a cup of tea, which you hold under your nose so you can allow the warm steam float up into your face. You take a sip, burn your tongue and realise a good solution to stop yourself from constantly burning your mouth is to blow on it for a couple seconds. A thought lingers in your mind, Kaneki should be home by now.

Suddenly you hear the door unlock. You grab a knife from behind you - being paranoid that the ghoul had followed you home - and walk to the door, waiting for the person to open it. The anticipation suffocated you but you told yourself over and over that your brain is just playing tricks on you, making you spooked for no apparent reason.

As the door opened you saw a weaboo eyepatch. You lowered your knife and hugged him. You could feel the tip of the knife catching on Kaneki's shirt but neither one of you could mind one bit. Your brother stood there surprised at your strange reaction.

"What did you have to do?" you ask Kaneki after he had made a cup of coffee for himself. He doesn't respond to you so you send him multiple glares until he finally opens his mouth to speak.

"I'd rather not speak about it," Kaneki says, looking deeply into the coffee. You growl at him. You could smell a faint stench of metal on him and immediately stop yourself from pleading for an answer since you had practically helped yourself into his mind.

"Right," you take a sip out of your tea. Subject change! Your mind screams to you. It sounds like a reasonable thought. "Where was Touka tonight?"

"She was busy studying for a test," he says. You infer that he seems quite mortified about the things that he had to do tonight, only adding to your need to know the real answers to the questions you're pressuring out of him. "I've got to go somewhere tomorrow," He changes subject quite suddenly like I had.

Your eyes widen in urgency. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get a mask with Touka. I would probably get lost if she didn't accompany him. Plus, it's pretty dangerous in those parts."

Woah, woah, woah! What? So, you'd just casually tell me that you're going to a dangerous part of town with a girl I barely know can protect you? Yeah, that sounds like a perfect idea, Kaneki!

"Could I come with you? I'd be terrified if something happened to you without me there," you say, desperately hoping he would say yes. Your fingers were crossed mentally and physically under the table.

"I'd expect you could. I doubt Touka would mind," Kaneki takes another sip of coffee. Your body is washed with relief although you don't show it. It's not your intention to be an overprotective sibling but it comes across as that anyway.

Any mask would be better than that weaboo eyepatch.