Part 11!

You walk out into the living room where Hide is waiting nervously. He's fiddling with a piece of paper in his hands. You can't tell properly but you thought you saw your name written on it. "Um," you mumble as you throw thoughts aside, "Unfortunately, I think I need to rush Kaneki back to the hospital so we will have to re-schedule this meet-up."

"Oh," Hide says, trying to hide his disappointment but he knows he mustn't let Kaneki's condition get any worse, "I'll swing by in a couple days then." He stands up and tries to subtly drop the piece of paper on the chair without you noticing.

"Yeah," you mutter, upset that you have to deprive Hide from Kaneki's company again, "I'll see you later then." You continue to awkwardly stand by your bedroom door and stare at the piece of paper. Strangely enough, Hide doesn't notice your fascination with the piece of crumpled up paper.

You allow Hide to leave himself so he doesn't think you are that rude. When he has left you retreat back into your brother's room. "I've got Fenina coming over."

"Fenina?" Kaneki asks, still pained.

"Yeah," you say, "one of my friends who claim to help ghouls."

"Claim," Kaneki whines.

"Hush," you say, opening the door to exit the bedroom, "you'll hurt yourself."

Once outside the bedroom, you pick up the paper and read it: Dear (Y/N), please give you best wishes to Kaneki. I worry about him, although I worry about you more often than not. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you to be looking after him, doing the shopping and doing everything else. If you need any help, you know where to find me. -Hide.

Well that's adorable, you think to yourself.

A few minutes later, Kaneki, Fenina and you are sitting in the living room. Kaneki was breaking into a ghoul from time to time but somehow Fenina kept stopping him.

"Well," Fenina says, scratching her head, "It's incredibly unusual to hear about a one-eyed ghoul. I've only read about ghouls with both red-eyes. It could be a genetic mutation but-"

"Our family hasn't got any history of being a ghoul as far as I know," you say, also trying to figure out this strange dilemma. You begin to wish Sherlock Holmes was real so he could make sense of everything.

"So," Fenina thinks out loud, "I'm not sure if can supply you with much information since I'm not too familiar with one-eyed ghouls but you might want to ask one of my previous clients."

"Who?" Kaneki horrendous pain, covering his face with his hands.

"Miss Kirishima," Fenina says, packing up some paperwork she had brought over with her, "I can accompany you to her if you'd like."

Kaneki takes a deep breath in relief, "Touka."