Part 106!

Kaneki stares at you awkwardly as you eat spoonful after spoonful of vanilla ice cream. He is sitting across from you with his phone out. Occasionally, he'll tap the screen a few times and then stop. You, on the other hand, we're frantically eating the ice cream so it wouldn't melt and become a liquidy mess.

"Slow down," Kaneki tells you, "if you eat too fast I won't be able to keep updating Izzie on how pathetic you are."

So that's what he's doing. You quietly and stealthily stand up and walk over to Kaneki's phone. You lean down next to him and read the texts - each one with a cringey love heart or 'xx' next to it. You mentally snort and take the phone off him.

Hey, wanna come over? (Y/N) finally got our Netflix subscription back so we could watch a movie xx. You quickly smack the words into the phone and hit send. You ask yourself how you could've brought yourself to write something like that. That 'Netflix subscription' part was a complete lie, however. There was no way he was getting Netflix at the same time as he had a girlfriend.

Sure. I'll be over in 10 mins ♡. You grin to yourself as you realise how fun it is to set up dates. No matter how fun it is, you don't have any respect for Tsukyama - and Kaneki won't after he looks at this text.

"What did you do?" Kaneki growls at you and you give him the phone. His face turns red but you can't tell if it's from embarrassment or anger. It's probably both.

"Get ready," you shoo him away, "let me eat my ice cream in peace."