Part 21!

Today is the first day of many hopefully normal days. Why? You think you've finally slipped back into your simple life. It's been a week since you last met up with (F/N) at Rosemary and you've completely cleared your mind since then. After you'd walked home, your body felt hollow for a few hours as you were left to you and your own boring thoughts.

You stand in the shower, the door is locked so Kaneki doesn't unknowingly walk in and inflict a mass amount of embarrassment for the both of you, the stinging water trickling down your back. It burns you but you shrug it off as a mild injury. Pain is only a mental state, anyway.

Your hair is still dry as you haven't completely decided if you wanted to wash it. You are just relaxing while the water makes your skin look shiny. It's strange, really, as the water feels dry against your body. But, as strange as it may be, it relaxes you.

Without knowing, you drop your head back into the jets of water. The sudden splash on your face makes you jump, opening your eyes which results in water dripping into them.

"Ow," you mumble as you bring up your hands and wipe it away but you still keep your head in the shower.

Your new job was flooding your mind. Your job was a simple one. You just needed a quick job in order to get enough money to pay bills and buy groceries. You've got one less mouth to feed since Kaneki became a ghoul however the price of coffee keeps gradually rising, consequently lowering the amount of money you have.

You got a job at Rosemary, not one that actually sells coffee though. Surprisingly to you, the owner is a friend of (F/N)'s and they were able to get them to consider allowing you to work there. As usual, people say the shop is dodgy so they don't go inside, resulting in a pretty easy day of work.

In the last week, the old woman who hired you had the shop's interior completely changed. There now are little pink sofas that crowd around little wooden coffee tables in the corners of the room apart from one which is where the counter is, in the centre of the room are oak tables with 4 matching oak chairs around them as well as an artificial potted plant standing proud in the centre of it all, a long oak table with enough spaces to fit 8 chairs around it incase a large group enters, at least 6 paintings of different pink flowers that stand out against the clean white walls, the floor is a varnished wood that is much lighter than the tables and there is a small but incredibly sparkly chandelier that hangs down in the middle of the room which gives the room an elegant feel.

You are incredibly excited to start working but, as you are transported to the fantasy-like coffee shop, you slip over on the slippery shower floor. You land with a thump and you hear Kaneki shout from the other room, "are you alright?"

"Y-yeah," you say as you get back to your feet, "just slipped." You give out a nervous chuckle but make sure it is audible from the other room so Kaneki knows you are alright. Still, a little bruise isn't going to stop you.

"(Y/N)?"

"What?"

"I've got a letter for you. Someone dropped in through our mailbox."

"Who's it from?" You open the door to the shower and get out. You grab a towel and place it on the floor so the tiles don't get slippery.

"I don't know," Kaneki's voice gets closer to the door, "doesn't say." The note slips under the door and you pick it up. Some of the black ink bleeds but it still is understandable.

Dear (Y/N), Oh, here we go again, it's been forever since we've seen each other. I can't lie, I miss your company. As much as I hate sending you notes like this, I know if I give you these in person you'd never look at me in the same way again. That's why I'm sending these to you, leaving them in your mailbox, sneaking them into your rucksack when you leave it outside, stuffing them into Kaneki's jacket pocket when he's not looking. Don't you understand how difficult it is for me? No?

It just stops there as the rest has dissolved into mush from my dripping fingers. It dawns on me that I have a serious stalker problem. I laugh a little as I assess the situation.

This is mental.