Part 54!

After your 'date' with Tsukyama you had insisted on walking yourself home. You didn't want to spend another second with him since he had seemed to be acting strange throughout the night. Either he is really good at acting or he had real feelings for you. You dismissed both of those thoughts. You guessed that he was thinking of another girl and put her in his mind instead of you.

The night is as cold as normal. It's 11 o'clock but the late night traffic is still buzzing. The roads are crowded with people and cars but it's not a busy as it is during the day. Most of the lights in the apartments are on and you can even see some people leaning out the window to catch a breath of the fresh night's air.

You walk back to your home - not skeptical in the slightest. Your mind is trying to figure out what had happened tonight since everything you can recall is a little blurry.

Maybe you do like that purple bucket of paint after all.

When you reach your home you notice that all the lights are off. It's not strange since Kaneki goes to bed quite early (but you think that he is just watching some weaboo anime until 3 o'clock in the morning).

You unlock the door and go inside. As you put your foot down on the ground you hear a crinkle of paper. You spin around, nearly hitting your face on the door, but there isn't anyone behind you.

You turn back and look down at the ground. Carefully, you lift your foot up. There is a small envelope on the floor with '(Y/N)' on it in neat blue byro. Whoever wrote this letter has a great taste in pen choice, you think to yourself and you carefully run your finger over the writing.

You open the envelope after you had closed and locked the door and taken a seat. You pull out a piece of paper with a floral border.

What the-