Part 13!

"That eye-patch makes you look so much like a weeb," You mutter to Kaneki as you pass him his coat.

Kaneki has finally decided that he wants to return to college. He should. You want an intelligent brother, not a failure who doesn't achieve a degree in anything and go to college for further education and end up working at a cheap, rundown fast-food restaurant where all the workers are underpaid for the hours they actually work.

"Well, you know why I need it. I don't particularly want the school to know that I'm a ghoul," Kaneki mutters as he pulls his coat on. He looks ashamed to be wearing it, making you question if you should mock him for it.

Of course I shouldn't - I'll do it anyway though!

Kaneki's phone buzzed. He picked it up off the table and checked his message. That was displayed on the lock screen of his phone.

From: Hide - Missing you a bunch in History... you need my notes?

"Who's it from?" you ask, throwing him his bag. It hits him in the chest but he doesn't seem phased. It's strange.

"Hide."

"Can you do something today?" You say as Kaneki takes his bag off you, "Schedule another day for Hide to come over, I feel really bad for asking him to leave."

"Sure," Kaneki replies slowly, unsure for some reason, "Are you going shopping again?" He doesn't look up from his phone as he begins to quickly type something into it.

"I wasn't planning to," you take out your purse/wallet (Whichever you prefer) to check your money, "but if you need anything I could," you add.

"Oh, I just need one thing," Kaneki pauses and puts his bag over his head, "Coffee."

You slam your purse/wallet and stare at him in the eyes, "The kitchen is full of it." You only have to take a step to the left and open a cupboard a few inches before you can see a display of jars of coffee.

"I accidentally bought decaffeinated instead of caffeinated," Kaneki admitted.

"Fine," You reluctantly murmur, "Now get going - you'll be late."

Kaneki leaves and you stand in the quiet room. The only noise is the cars that occasionally driving past the window, producing a low roar. You give out a sigh as your mind catches up with the situation at hand.

"Well," You say quietly, "I might as well go out and buy some coffee." You pull on your comfy memory-foam trainers/sneakers. "I need to get some toilet roll too."

As you walk down the pavement about 2 miles away from your house, still heading to the shop, you walk past the alleyway, bringing back unwanted memories of that horrifying ghoul. The body isn't there anymore but a whole team of police men are blocking the entrance.

You walk past the alleyway without interfering with the police. You don't think pointing out that it was a ghoul attack would be much help. Actually, yeah it would. The problem is, if you did such a thing, the story wouldn't progress so you stayed silent and ambled along the pavement.