Part 39!

It's next day and you are at the coffee shop, working. The morning has been quick and quiet.

"(Y/N)," Silica calls from the back room, "You need to refill the hot chocolate machine while I am out. The powder is on the side."

"Okay," you call back and turn around to face the machine. You pop the front off and pour the powder into the small container. The small bell rings, "I'll only be a second," you say to the customer while still trying to fill the machine.

"It's no problem," the customer says, a voice that it familiar for all the wrong reasons.

You finish up and spin around. Sure enough that weeb of a ghoul is leaning on the counter. "Why are you here?" You mumble, quite agitated.

"No need to be grumpy with me, Berry."

"Don't call me that," you glare at him, "and there is a reason: now I've got to make you a coffee."

"Oh, I don't want a coffee," Tsukyama grins although you look unamused, "I just came in to see you."

"Well," you continue glaring at him, "here I am. Now, I would like it if you left."

Tsukyama flicks his hand above the counter, revealing a little envelope. On top was your name written in purple ink in very fancy writing.

"What's this?" You say, taking it off him.

"An invitation," Tsukyama watches you as you open it carefully, "Kaneki and Touka are coming."

You read it aloud: "'Dear Berry,' don't call me that, Tsukyama, 'you are officially invited to dine with me tomorrow night at the Regal. Wear something nice. -Tsukyama.' You can't even eat."

"Really?" Tsukyama smiles.

"Maybe," you say as you stuff the note into the single pocket of your apron, "But I'm busy. Go and stare at other girls."

"How hurtful," he says, innocently but it's not fooling you for one second. He stands up and starts to walk to the door, "Bye, Berry."

"Don't call me that," you growl, loud enough for Tsukyama to hear.