Part 79!

You're shaken awake by Kaneki. His face is white and his eyes are wide. He is leaning over you as you sleepily lie in your bed. He whispers the time - 4:20 in the morning - and then tells you why he woke you up.

"There's knocking on the front door!" He exclaims. You roll out of bed and listen intently. You hear a knock, then it goes silent. You're about to get back into bed when there is a loud crash.

You immediately know who it is. You walk over to the front door and swing it open. As you expected, Tsukyama was standing behind it. You notice that he is holding something gold in his hand which he quickly hides in a conveniently placed pocket.

"I thought you would've broken in by now," you say to him. He obviously knows you caught a glimpse of the gold item as he double checks that it isn't visible.

"Just checking in on you."

"You never 'just check in' on me," you say as you try to understand what he actually wants.

"You're right," he admits, "I need to stay the night."

No, you tell yourself but you know it would be rude to refuse. You look at a tired looking Kaneki. You notice that he is not paying any attention. In fact, he's just swaying from side to side in a hypnotised fashion. It's obvious that he is incredibly tired.

"Whatever."