Part 84!

Kaneki raises up from beside you and motions Uta to come closer. Hesitantly, he walks towards you, his eyes flicking from side to side as he takes in every detail of your injuries. You stare at him as he makes his way over to you.

He says your name incredibly quietly, followed by inaudible statements so you need to read his lips just to get the vague idea of what he's saying. You think he's telling you that he's sorry for you but you can't really tell. You look up at Kaneki with a confused expression and he immediately knows you can't hear Uta. He turns to Uta and tells him to speak up louder. Uta nods and walks closer to you.

"I'll kill him," he whispered to you. Your eyes widen. "Not Kaneki," he confirms which relaxes you, "Tsukyama."

"No," you say back to him. You weren't sure why you were protecting him. He broke into your home countless times in the past and even went far enough to break into the bathroom while you were in the shower. You then realise that, thanks to Tsukyama's stupid act - asking Uta out on a date for you - you had met someone that you care quite a lot about. "It's not his fault."

"He pushed you on the floor," he says. You knew you shouldn't tell him that he's wrong. You inferred that Kaneki felt it was right to keep a large portion of the the story away from Uta. It doesn't sound outrageous since he just threatened to kill Tsukyama.

"I fell," you say quietly.

"I'm a terrible person, I know." The room goes silent as everyone looks at the door. Tsukyama is standing there with a smug look on his face. Now you remember why you hate him so much. "I was just thinking, (Y/N)," he spits out, "how lovely you looked last night..."

This grabs Uta's attention as he looks at you seriously then back at Tsukyama. Uta squeezes your hand tightly in anger. It hurts but you don't dare to tell him incase his anger snaps and he starts to shout at you.

Uta stands up and walk over to him emotionless, "you'll regret that."