Part 15!!

You pick up Kaneki, carrying him home without asking any questions. He quietly objected to you carrying him but you ignore his whispers. He is not in the situation to walk or answer any questions yet, not until he recovers up a bit.

When you arrive back at your house, you sit Kaneki down in a chair, you sitting opposite. Both of you are shaken up, horrified, terrified. How could Kaneki put up with all that punishment? How could you just stare then occasionally hide? How could that ghoul just casually attemp to kill Hide? It's revolting - everything's revolting.

"Who was that ghoul?" You ask Kaneki through deep breaths as the moving pictures replay in your mind.

"He-" Kaneki stops and tries to breathe. He is definitely unfit to answer questions.

"Nevermind," you say, making sure your younger brother doesn't hurt himself anymore.

"I've-"

"Stop," You shout at Kaneki, attempting to mask your anger towards you brother. Why am I angry at Kaneki? It's not his fault his had to protect his best friend, even if it meant risking his life.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry," he strains, "I only wanted to protect Hide." You feel his grip tighten on your wrist.

"You did," you say, leaning over to place a hand on his shoulder.

It was true, Kaneki had pulled off something you'd never witnessed before. But you couldn't help hoping Kaneki wouldn't have to participate in something as cannibalistic as that ever again.

"Where's Hide?" Kaneki asks, not attempting to bat your hand away.

"I called the hospital on the way back," you murmur, "I guess you were too delirious to hear me. I hope the ambulance arrived and found him quickly." A dose of doubt is forced into your system through a syringe called realisation.

"Oh," Kaneki says, becoming silent. There wasn't much more that could be said. Your brother had just had a near-death experience. You can't really talk about the weather or anything after that. But the weather was not pleasant to say the least: mostly sunny spells with a small amount of raining blood.

That was it. You and Kaneki sitting in your house, silently. There was no phone call from the hospital or knock from the door. No communication. Nothing.