Part 19!

"So," you're sitting in your house with Kaneki. You have made yourself a scorching cup of tea and Kaneki a strong cup of coffee. You came back from Uta's shop a while ago but thoughts about that dodgy place continue to swarm your mind. You're feeling hungry, starving perhaps, but you think you'll seem rude if you eat something in front of Kaneki.

"You're hungry, aren't you?" Kaneki asks. He sounds unimpressed, adding to the evidence of why you don't want to eat in front of him. You could eat a buffet of luxurious foods right this second.

"No," you quickly spit out before pausing, "yes," you mutter quietly as you allow your stomach to growl.

"What do we have in the cupboards?" Kaneki says. You scoff, knowing exactly what you will find.

You get up, place your cup down and walk over to the kitchen. You open the cupboard slowly, making sure no jars of coffee fall out. There wasn't much aside from coffee; your homemade bread Kaneki had loved until he became a ghoul; a jar of branded teabags that you use to make a delicious cup of tea; a packet of biscuits which had expired a few days ago; an opened bag of pasta that you had used a couple nights before Kaneki told you that he was a ghoul; three packets of ramen noodles that you had been craving for months but never got around to cooking them; a box of pop tarts you had bought when Hide was coming over.

Heavens, I'm not healthy.

"I could cook some ramen," you mutter quietly. You take down a packet of ramen noodles and check the instructions on the back. It had been so long since you made some ramen noodles.

After you had cooked the ramen you take it to the table. Kaneki has just been sitting still with his cup of tea staring into space. There's no steam being emitted by the brown liquid you'd boiled not too long ago, yet Kaneki refrains from holding it with both hands as if it was still boiling.

"Are you alright, Kaneki?" You ask, just noticing his strange posture. You take a seat and await Kaneki's response.

"Y-Yeah," Kaneki says, a shiver going down his spine. You shake your head at his terrible acting.

"Could he still be shaken up from the ghoul encounter?" you quietly ask yourself, making sure you couldn't be heard by Kaneki, "Surely not."

Your phone dings. As the screen illuminates, a small, white notification makes itself visible. Alongside the notification is a letter and envelope symbol, meaning you must've received an email. This would be usual in any situation, except the fact that you never use your email to send emails. How someone has received your email escapes you.

With a clean hand, you unlock your phone and open the email: 'hey, just checking up on you. Well, it's not really in my nature to say stuff like this, especially want to interact with someone, but I was wondering if you'd like to meet up with me sometime. You know, not for business or anything along the lines of that. I'll be waiting for your reply. Bye.'

What on our habitable planet?

Of course, just the idea of talking to a stranger puts you on edge but now you are literally going to fall off the cliff as you hit the reply button. Before you can stop yourself, you're typing in a message: 'sorry, I'm unsure of who you are. If you specify and confirm your identity then I'll maybe consider meeting with you. -(Y/N).'

If lessons in school taught you anything, it would be not you say your real name online. In this case, you add your real name in hope the sender would realise the had the wrong person. But, that's just a wish.

You put your phone back down and scoff the raven noodles, completely forgetting about the email until another ping rings out and you check it again.

'Oh, I'm sorry. You know you could've checked my email address, (Y/N). What do you think about meeting up now?"

You do as the email says and checks the name of the sender. It doesn't give you any clues: GH0uta123@xxxxxxx.com. You decide you should just add this person to your spam folder. But you reply instead: 'I still don't recognise you or your email. I'd appreciate it if you refrained from contacting me here on out. Goodbye.'

And you turn your phone off. Well, not after checking the most recent email that just came through: 'Don't play with me, (Y/N). You know who I am. You know not to mess with me.'

You were beginning to get a bit frightened at they wrote in a rougher tone. You add the emails to your spam folder and block the number before shutting your phone down until further notice and eating the rest of your ramen noodles whilst attempting to stop yourself from shivering in fear and uncertainty.