Part 56!

You recline on the chair as you reread the strange note you discovered yesterday. You had forced yourself to forget about the note for the night but, from the moment you opened your eyes, all that's been on your mind is the note.

"Good morning, (Y/N)," Kaneki says as he walks into the room. He's acting strange, his posture is prim and proper* and his hair is neatly combed. He isn't shying away from you so you haven't done anything wrong.

*'Prim and Proper' is British slang. It means 'someone who is very formal and easily offended by any rude gesture'.

You playfully say, "What do you want?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to tell you that I invited Hide over, that's all."

You glare at him. "I'm cancelling the Netflix subscription again."

"What?!" Kaneki exclaims, "I'm not ga-"

"I'm not taking any chances."

Kaneki looks at you, he genuinely looks hurt which makes you a little bit uncomfortable. You know he's only joking inside but you can't help it.

"Anyway," you say, quickly changing the subject, "when is he coming over?"

"About 4 o'clock."

"And leaving?"

"About 8."

"That means I'll have to cook for him!"

"Yeah, that's not a problem is it?"

"Well, yes. All he have in the kitchen is coffee and I was only going to have a 'pot noodle' tonight! Anyway, you can't eat!"

"I'll just have a drink of coffee."

You let out a long sigh and facepalm, "I better go shopping."