115

Time Jump | 2 Months Later

"Bayley?"

I heard Seth called up the stairs.

"What?"

I called back.

"Can you come here for a second? We need to talk."

Seth called back. I walked down the stairs and sat next to him on the couch. Seth held my hands as I looked at him. I couldn't read the emotion on his face. It was like he was numb inside.

"What's wrong?"

I asked him.

"So I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and I think we should break up. I mean, ever since San Jose, our relationship has been breaking apart."

Seth said. I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest.

"But we can work through our issues. I love you. I don't wanna lose you."

I said, feeling tears rush down my face.

"I don't wanna lose you Bay. I don't wanna lose you or Em. But this relationship is going to turn toxic if we keep going and we're going to fight and end up hating each other and I don't want Em to have to go through it."

Seth said.

"I will always love you Bayley. There will never be a day where I don't think that you are truly the love of my life. But you know what they say. If you love something, let them go. And if they come back to you, then they were truly yours in the first place. I'm letting you free Bayley."

Seth said. He went to wipe the tears from my face but I turned my face so he couldn't touched it. I snapped my hands out of his as I walked upstairs. I started piling all of Emery and I's clothes into whatever I could find. Trash bags, suitcases, duffle-bags, anything.
I took the bags and started piling them into my car. Once I was finished, I put Emery in her car seat. I walked downstairs to see Seth standing at the bottom. I slipped my engagement ring off, put it in his hand, and wrapped his hand up.

"Just remember, you did this. You did this to me. You did this to her."

I said looking down at Emery. I walked out of the house as I broke down. My heart was shattered. My life was in shambles. I thought he loved me. I thought he wanted to be together for forever. I guess I was wrong.