Prologue

Some people talk about that love at first sight shit
To keep it real I don't know whether I believe it's true
But if it is..than tell me if I'm wrong or right
I fell in love with you before I even knew..
    - J Cole
____________

Frustrated I blew out a breath of air as I tried once again to pull the key out the jammed locked. This was the third time this week that this problem had occrued. Every time I asked someone rather I needed to get it checked out or fixed their reply would always be that it was just a minor problem with my key. And from there they would suggest that I get another one made. But I was starting to doubt that it was the key and not this old car.

Shaking the key uncontrollably I stomped my shoes angrily in a puddle that had started to form around my feet. Earlier I had stopped at Starbucks and tried to catch up on my essay for my biology class. At first sight it seemed like a nice quiet place I could get work done at. So I wasted no time pulling into the parking lot and heading in. Although I did get distracted a few times by the names of various foods and drinks that were being called out. Which resulted in me taking a few trips in and out of the ordering line.

The lemon cake was to die for by the way and that's coming from a person who doesn't even like Starbucks.

Midway into trying to come up with the next paragraph there was a loud sound followed by thunder, and soon rain began to pour. Thinking it would slack up just like the other customers thought I waited it out. But it never stopped. The rain continued to pour harder and harder causing a near by street to semi flood with water. Taking that as my que to leave I gathered my laptop, snacks, and booksack and rushed out the door. I was the type of person who never carried the necessary things one needed when weather decided to act up. So for the fifteen seconds that it took to get to my car, my clothes were now as good as drenched.

Great.

Another reason to be pissed.

Grabbing the soaked hood that repeatedly slipped off my head I gave the key one good pull. Before i knew it I was sent crashing into a near by car. Scared that I left a mark I placed my hands on the car and hoped that the alarm didn't go off. Luckily it didn't and spared me a few minutes of explaining to the owner and the annoyed students for the sound.

Fixing my computer back into my hand I pulled on the car handle checking to see if it had locked, and to my surprise it had. At this point my whole body was completely wet and I no longer cared. With it still raining I started to make my way out  of the parking lot and into the area where my dorm was.

"Shit !" I cursed loudly as I patted my jacket followed by the pockets of my jeans. My phone was in neither one of them. Mentally slapping myself I thought about the possible places it could be.

I don't remember leaving it at Starbucks.

I know for sure I grab it off the table.

And when I got in the car I put it in-

Stopping myself in my inner thoughts I savaged through my purse as I continued to make my way home. Feeling everything else but my phone I cursed a few times before something crashed into me.

It was like my mind replayed it in slow motion over and over again. I wanted it to be like one of those movies where the character rewinds the incident and try's again. But sadly it wasn't. And now the anger I had before was now building back up as I watched my laptop crash onto the pavement before me.