Seven

"You need to stop before you get yourself hurt." King told Melanie as she bit down on his bottom lip before kissing him again. They had remained in this position, of her sitting on top of him for about five minutes now. And unless Melanie wanted a child soon she needed to stop.

"And why should I?" Melanie asked smirking. She didn't know if it was the time of the moment or that King was finally hers, but Melanie was enjoying it.

If you know what she meant.

Laughing to hisself, King kissed her for the last time before asking her a question. "You know you really never answered my question?"

"What question?" Melanie wondered turning her lips to the side. She knew that she had answered the love you part so what else was there to answer.

Grabbing Mel by her hips he picked her up and placed her on the side of him. Now Mel back was to the couch where she could face him. Picking up her legs King placed them on his lap while leaning his head back on the cushioned part of the couch.

"There's no question." King responded picking at Melanie's tights.

"What the hell King." Melanie said laughing.

"I'm talking about the general question. Like are we official now? Are we telling our friends? What is step forward from here is what I mean" King questioned looking up from underneath his red hat he had on.

Looking up in the sky Melanie thought for a moment. One half of her felt like all this was just happening to fast. Like how one moment they were friends and now they were profound lovers. But the other half was jumping with joy already planning out their future.

She didn't know what it was but she always got this anxiety whenever she got in a relationship. Not only relationships but whenever she liked someone. She would feel as if the person was pressuring her into being with them and she was just being naive.

She tried to get rid of the voice in her head but it never worked. And unfortunately it was speaking to her right now. Telling her various things she couldn't help but agree with.

You don't need to be in a relationship!

Being tied down is not what you want to do...

Are you really going to trust this person with your heart? Who could break it at any moment?

If you stay single you wouldn't have to worry about any of that.

Those thoughts always roamed around in her head whenever Melanie felt attached to someone. Which was why she kept her distanced and never shared how she felt with King because she feared of this very moment.

The moment where she would scare herself right back out of love.

"Mel you good?" King asked with a concerned look. He wondered what was taking her so long to answer when just a couple seconds ago she couldn't get off him.

"How do you know somebody's the one for you." Melanie asked bringing her eyes down to meet King's. This was the question Melanie wondered about most of the time. How did someone truly know that someone was their soulmate.

"Huh?" King asked thinking he heard wrong. He was puzzled by her question a little bit but knew it had nothing to do with their situation.

"How do you know somebody's the one for you? Like your soulmate. Or not even that...just the person your suppose to be with?" Melanie asked again going a little more in depth with her question.

Now Mel had started to scare King a bit because it seemed like she had switched sides on him. Maybe he had messed up with asking her that question. Or maybe he should have just let her continue kissing all over him.