Fifty-Six

"Please jeans for the love of God go up." Melanie begged as she wrestled to get the skinny jeans up her legs. She was really considering going on a whole new shopping spree. Some of her classic shirts had began to turn into crop tops or snugged her tummy to tight. Her jeans on the other hand seemed to become to small also.

You have really let yourself go, Melanie thought to herself as she looked in the mirror. Her some what chubby little stomach was looking a litter chubbier today. She blew out a breath of frustration as she yet again tried to suck in her stomach. But she had failed miserably.

"I don't have time for this!" She screamed angrily tugging the pants down her legs. As they dropped to her ankles Melanie quickly stepped out of them careful not to fall. Running over to her dresser she savaged through the many tights she owned. Deciding on a grey pair Melanie pulled them out and wasted no time putting them on.

Scanning over herself Melanie disapproved big time. Her dark blue Rugrats shirt did not pair along good with the grey tights. And the white Vans she had on was making her question whether or not Kaden got her dressed. Signing she continued to get ready. Grabbing her keys off her dresser Melanie ran out of her room and into the bathroom.

Thankfully she had detangled her hair earlier this morning. As you all are wondering why isn't Mel's hair done if she did it this morning? Well Melanie pondered for a complete hour on what she wanted to do with her hair. And once she came up with the hairstyle in her head she tested it.

And it came out completely horrible.

She was one of those people who imagined all these different hairstyles in their head, but when reality came it doesn't come out like she imagined. Melanie was the same with her outfits. Planned a super cute outfit in her head, tried it on, and looked like complete trash.

She was a procrastinator if you asked anybody else.

Releasing her hair from the rubber band she ran her hands through her kinky hair. Embrace the natural was what her naturalist side said in one ear. But then there was the lazy side of her.

Girl throw a cap on or a wig and call it a day.

"Wig it is." Melanie agreed with herself as she began to brush her hair back. She applied some leave in conditioner and some other products before creating a low bun. But she maid sure the bun part laid flat due to not wanting to have a bump in her wig.

Once she had that completed Melanie walked back into her room and opened her closet. Call her crazy but Melanie had a top shelf above her closet where she stored her wigs. Pulling the storage unit down Mel took off the top and searched around.

Feeling rushed for time she selected a straight one, but one she seen it was a frontal she immediately threw it back.

Definitely don't have time to be gluing no frontal down, She reminded herself as she continued to search. Suddenly she remembered that she had a curly bob, closure wig. Digging some more the old wig appeared. Snatching it up Melanie didn't bother to put the bin back. Tip toeing back into the bathroom Melanie placed the wig on the counter.

Normally she would have just slapped it on but it did need a little touch up. After fixing her hair to her liking she glanced over her self once more before exiting. Cutting off the living room light Melanie grabbed her phone. Pressing the home button her eyes almost jump out their sockets.

"I didn't even know it was going on ten o'clock." She complained taking her purse from off the dinning table. Locking the phone she placed it in the purse, opened the door, and headed out.

It was 9:50 and I'm just heading out to my appointment. Great way to be on time Mel, She mumbled to her as she locked the door.

_________