Fifty-Four

5:21p.m
John East Memorial Park

After King convinced Melanie to tag along she reckoned with herself at first but soon he had tricked her again. King insisted that Melanie and the kids rode with him and that he'll drop them back off at Melanie's car. She tried to explain to King that it wasn't necessary but trying to convince King was like talking to a wall.

A brick one at that.

She soon gave in and in Kaden, Kacey, and Melanie went into King's black Camaro. Melanie couldn't lie it was funny watching King try to strap Kaden up in his car seat. Kaden starred at him the whole time and even reached King a few pieces to help him along. He didn't want to admit that he didn't know how to strap a baby in, but Melanie and Kaden both seen differently.

Or in his words, "I got this Mel. I help my sister with this all the time." He lied once he finally figured out that the seat belt went through the car seat.

After getting a good laugh out of him their first stop was Play Pin. Honestly, it was someone's spin on Chuck E. Cheese but without the feet smell and the old leftover pizza. Kacey and Kaden immediately screamed when the sign became visible in their eyes.

Melanie nor King never remembered the town building this or even this area, but when Melanie looked up the name it came right up. From the mouth of Kacey their mother took them here at least once a week. Melanie knew how these places worked. You spent over hundreds of dollars just to leave out with a twenty-five cent Airhead at the end.

But Kacey insisted that this be their first stop and whatever she wanted she was getting today. What had been Melanie's plan was to pay for Fun Pin Combo but we all know King wasn't having that. He paid for it and bought them extra play cards. Despite Kaden thinking it was something he could swipe people with. So yes Melanie leg was in pain right now from the many swipes from Kaden.

Melanie definitely thought running around Play Pin would wear them out for sure. But it seemed like pepperoni pizza, wings, soda, and games fueled them up even more. So to top that Kacey decided that the park was the next best stop. Of course King agreed and once again had to go over the top and turned her idea into a picnic.

Making their way to Walmart, Kacey and King shopped around while Melanie and Kaden snuck to the food section. At first Melanie just wanted to browse what they had prepared for today. But once the workers seen Kaden's adorable face they quickly handed her free items. So in the end Melanie and Kaden had left with two chicken tenders, a small container of Mac and cheese, and two wings. You would think after eating at Play Pin everyone would be full.

No.

Melanie still had room for more. Kaden never stopped being hungry since he ran everything off. King was a pretty big guy so Melanie knew one pizza and some wings wasn't going to feel him up. Not to mention King didn't eat the wings anyway. And Kacey on the other hand had developed a new appetite also. Her mother reminded her that Kacey had been eating her out of a house lately. But it was probably because when she was younger she never liked to eat so maybe as she got older her appetite grew more.

When Kaden and Melanie joined King and Kacey the two had already picked out the blanket. The drinks too which was a jug of Peach Meledy Juice Cocktail by Welch's. After that King decided they needed to balance some of that junk food with some fruit. So Kacey picked out strawberries and grapes. Melanie and Kaden ate most of the time while King did the shopping. His handy helper Kacey not to far behind.

As far as the main menu King picked out Lunchables for Kaden and Kacey. Which they didn't mind since they both knew a cookie came with it. On the other hand King wondered what Melanie wanted to eat. But judging by the snacks her and Kaden were eating he thought it would be something light. But she wanted McDonald's so he would stop their on the way, and for hisself he would just buy a plate lunch from Walmart.