Six

10:21 p.m.
All Stars Lanes

"Asia I know you not talking! You only scored forty three points. You not even on the score board." Breylynn joked playfully shoving Asia. In the end King won the first round, Deezy the next, and Mariah the last.

"Bre you right after me!" Asia shot back laughing as she held her stomach. It turns out that Asia was actually a really cool person and very easy to get along with. The girls automatically clicked with her and the boys loved her too. She was another piece added to their crazy puzzle.

And as far as Deon, Dray, Breylynn, and Mariah first encounter that had gone well too. Everyone talked and laughed and got to enjoy each others company a little more. And just like before Deon and Mariah had their few little friendly arguments.

But for King and Melanie they decided to keep things cordial. They didn't want their problems to interfere with how much fun the group was having. But from time and time they gave each other an unpleasant look.

In all honesty they were both emotionally fed up with each other. See King and Melanie were different from your usual 'friends in love' type of people, if you haven't noticed. Both experienced messed up love life's in the past. Which made them create this hard shell around their hearts.

Some a little more than others.

So when they became friends they found closure in each other. They finally had someone who cared for them that didn't want to be in a relationship or have anything connected to it. Until that day, when King and Melanie were sitting in the yard eating their lunch. King was waiting for Deon for football practice so he decided to just have lunch with Mel.

This happened to be a week after Ashely turned him down. Melanie brought back up the situation because she had seen her earlier. She explained how King just had to take his L and move on in life. The whole time King completely ignored whatever Melanie was talking about. He couldn't help hisself to stare at how the sun made her chocolate skin glisten, or how her dark brown eyes switched to light whenever the sun hit them, and how her brown little legs spooled out of her shorts. He had realized then that his best friend was the most beautiful thing to him.

He found his self thinking about her more but on a more personal level. But King wasn't the only one Melanie had a small pit of fire in her when she found out King had took Nikki back. Which was why she always told him 'tell your girlfriend that'. She couldn't help but give Nikki her props because she was truly a beautiful girl. But for some reason Melanie wanted to keep King close to herself.

So instead of telling each other these feelings they hid them because they were to scared to trust each other with their hearts. Sounds a bit crazy but made complete sense to them. But it was slowly building up to where they didn't care anymore.

There fear was loosing each other as best friends which is never worth because they were to scared to express their love.

"And lover boy don't you even say nothing cause you almost threw the ball in these people ceilings." Deon reminded Dray that he had took up for all Asia bowling mistakes tonight.

"Look Kevin Hart I ain't ask you. Don't make me get Mariah." Dray shot back as he wrapped his arms around Asia. For some reason the dark denim jeans she wore showed her small frame, and Dray was loving every moment of it.

"Don't you even say nothing." Mariah responded placing her finger up at Deon causing him to laugh as he swatted it away.

"I had fun with y'all I'm not even gonna' lie." Breylynn spoke as the group had reached the front door. It was true though the gang had enjoyed themselves.