Sixty-Seven

Rolling over onto her back Melanie grunted in pain as she could feel what seemed to be a sharp pain. She was unsure of where the pain could be coming from. Rubbing the crust out of her eyes Melanie opened them. She was met with the white ceiling, blinking repeatedly she dreaded the thought of even getting up. But today she had a doctor's appointment and unfortunately it was to late to cancel.

Removing her eyes from the ceiling she looked down at King's arm that was resting across her stomach. Glancing up at him she admired how adorable he looked while sleeping. He is truly handsome, she thought to herself as she lifted it off her.

King immediately shuffled in his sleep as he drew his hand back to his body. Taking that as her cue to get up Melanie swung her legs from underneath the covers. Blowing out a deep breath she pushed the cover from off her and proceeded to stand up. Doing her normal morning stretch Melanie made sure to keep her yawn low as she walked down the hallway.

King insisted that Melanie slept over last night in order for them to be ready and on time for their appointment.

You see how he made it "their" appointment

Rolling her shoulders Melanie groaned in pain again yet this time placing her hand directly on her right breast. It was tender and her best bet was that she had slept on one and now was suffering for it. Massaging it slowly she pushed open the bathroom door. Flipping the switch on, Melanie laughed a bit at the pink cup that held her tooth brush and toothpaste. King demanded that Melanie have her own little section in the apartment for when she stayed over.

Melanie truly appreciated King. Out of all the guys she dated he was the only one that treated her like she was a human. And when she said "a human" she meant it. Every guy she got with she gave them her all even the clothes off her back, and yet they gave her nothing. Treated her as if she was nobody, belittled her, disrespected her, and used her. But then came King one day at the right time.

In a way Melanie was happy that day he knocked her laptop down. It was the day he tore down all that hurt she had been through. Although she thought King had messed up with the whole Nikki situation a part of her didn't want to let him go. And now she was welcoming a child with him. She had finally went from pain to joy.

Finishing up her quick morning routine Melanie headed into the kitchen. Tapping her Apple Watch  Melanie read the time 8:45 out loud. King and her needed to be on the road for at least 9:20 since King lived a bit far. Soothing her breast Melanie grabbed two bowls and placed them on the counter. For some reason Cheerios & Lucky Charms sounded delicious right now. But with it being Melanie of course she didn't want the two cereals touching each other.

Pouring the cereals into their separate bowls Melanie soon heard the toilet flushing and water running. She already knew King had sensed that she wasn't there anymore and had came to find her. Giggling a bit she turned the light off and proceeded into the living room. Sitting on the couch Indian style she placed both bowls in her lap, turned the television on, and got to work.

Surfing through the channels Melanie took a handful of Lucky Charms and gobbled them down. The only reason she liked the cereal was for the marshmallows. Deciding on a random channel Melanie smacked her lips as she remembered that she had left her phone in the room. Shrugging her shoulders she continued to eat her cereal.

Suddenly appearing from the dark hallway King stood there with his eyes low. His white t-shirt wrinkled against his skin. His boxers could be seen through the space between his shirt and sweats as he stretched. She watched in admiration as he made his way over to her.