Nineteen

Thursday
10:20 a.m

Melanie felt pressure being applied to the back of her head that made her immediately stir in her sleep. Opening her eyes was something she wasn't trying to do. Since that resulted in being awake and Melanie never liked to wake up before noon. It was a lazy trait that she enjoyed.

Moving her shoulders backwards in hope of moving the pressure, Melanie scooted over. Unable to escape the pressure it was applied again. Frustrated Melanie opened one eye and starred at the white wall. Letting her eyes scroll down to her phone which miraculously light up at her command. It read 10:24 a.m, meaning that Melanie was just an hour earlier from her normal time.

Once again she felt the pressure at the back of her head and for a moment she was sure of what it was.

"Mel you up?" She heard the voice croak from behind her. It was King. He had woken up before her, around nine thirty and got dressed. Hunger was the main thing on his mind at that moment other than the few thumps his head gave him.

Not wanting to disturb Melanie he decided to go down the street to the Waffle House and order them something. He had returned around 10:04 and sat around eating his meal while waiting for Melanie to wake up. It turned around 10:20 and just like any other boyfriend. He decided to disturb Melanie while she slept peacefully.

Drunkly was really the word.

King rolled more than pressing his head against Melanie's. She was curled up in a ball with her back facing him. Her cheetah print bonnet was slipping back exposing a few curls that hung out in the back. Majority of the cover was now on her side, now that King had left. She was in heaven, King thought to hisself.

Hearing his voice Melanie quickly shut her eyes hoping he didn't see them open a minute ago. A part of her wanted to hold her breath too but she thought that would be doing too much.

"Why you playing?" laughed King as he shook her a little. Melanie eyes were somewhat big so he could see her eyes opening and closing as he laid next to her.

Melanie ignored King and remained in her new position. Even moving a little bit to make it more believable.

"Come on now Mel." King said agitated as he started to shake her a little harder. But nothing work Melanie continued to be quote on quote sleep. Then that's when it hit King. "Baby I'ma' just put your food in the fridge." King began getting off the bed.

Before he knew it Melanie's body shot up but soon she regretted it as she held her head. Mentally counting to herself she released her head before looking around the room.

"Where the food?" Melanie asked scrunching her face at King who was standing up by the door. He was dressed in a black Nike jacket, red basketball shorts, and black Jordan Retro 11's graced his feet. His hands were in his pocket as he looked over Melanie.

"Damn good morning to you too." King said faked hurt. He pressed his hand against his chest as he flashed Melanie smile. Kneeling into the bed King placed a kiss on Melanie's cheek and pulled her bonnet backed on her head. "But your food in the kitchen." He spoke speaking from the crook of her neck.

"Thank you." exclaimed Melanie grabbing his head and tackling him down on the bed. She tried to keep her tiny arms wrapped around King's head but it soon failed.

King being able to get out of Melanie's grip ended up pinning her down to the bed. He was now on top of her and Melanie laid below him.

"Look at you out of breath." King joked noticing Melanie's heavy breathing. Melanie may have seemed small on the outside but she was fatty in the inside. She constantly ate 24/7 and where did all the weight go to? Mostly her forehead but sometimes her thighs and hips.