Thirty

"So you mean to tell me you brought us to the mall to shop for Mel?." Dray asked giving King the side eye as he held onto the side of the escalator. He never really liked riding those things since the accident he had when he was a child.

Dray was six and his mother had brought them to the mall to do some back to school shopping. He had finally convinced his mother to buy him the big cinnamon pretzel from Wreztel World. I guess you can say he was a little to excited about the treat that when it was time for him to get on the escalator. He took a big jump and his foot slipped causing Dray to come crashing down.

With a slashed chin and a bleeding tongue Dray spent the next hour in the mall security office. His mother wasn't to pleased with the accident but was very concerned with her child now being hurt. After that Dray never looked at an escalator and made sure to never jump on one. From now on he held unto both sides of the escalator to make sure that never happened again.

"And why does it matter?." asked King as he could now see signs of the stores as they reached the stop.

"Yeah. You told us that we was just hitting up the mall not helping shop for birthday gifts." Deezy added peeping his head from behind King's body.

They had now all reached the top and stepped off. Moving over to the side near where a bench was the boys scoped the scene out deciding what stores they would shop at first.

"And that's what we're doing I'm just going to get Melanie's gift while I'm in here. Knock out two birds with one stone." Explained King as his eyes landed on Footlocker.

"She still having it at The Empire?" Dray asked sinking his hands into his pockets as he looked around. He had heard there was finally an H & M opening up in the mall and he wanted to check it out before he left.

"Yeah." Deezy answered quickly causing King to squint at him. "I mean yeah I remember asking her yesterday." He added shifting the attention off of him.

"Then I need to find an outfit while we in here so can we start moving." Dray asked patting King's shoulder.

"Come on then but I need to go to Footlocker first." King said walking towards the entrance of the store. Deezy and Dray looked at each other shaking their heads as they followed him into the semi packed store.

Walking in King immediately seen the Van section on the wall. Deezy and Dray had noticed it to but had moved to the AirMac section of the store. King picked up the blue slipped on Vans and examined them. But deep down inside he felt that Melanie had them already so he placed them back on the rack.

"Hey! Do you need any help?" A voice cheered causing King to look up from the shoe rack. It was a worker, a female to exact. She seemed to be around 5'2 or a little shorter. Her curly natural hair had gold tips that were neatly slick back into a ponytail. She was on the curvy side judging by the black pants that were hugging her thighs. Her smile was warm as she looked at the shoe that King had placed back. His eyes had met her light brown eyes as she waited for his response.

"Umm yeah actually." King admitted browsing over the show rack again to make sure he didn't see the shoe hisself.

"Do you know what your looking for?" She asked stepping closer to the shoe rack to look also.

"Yeah there like these colorful vans and the base is white." He explained hoping he had the details right. King wasn't a big fan of the slip on shoes Vans, but he did enjoy the different color of the classic ones.

"I think I know what your talking about." She said laughing at King's description of the shoe. She herself was a big shoe head and couldn't be anymore excited when she got hired. "What size do you need?" She asked.