Forty-Nine

The Shores Residence

Nikki feet had been tapping against her hardwood floor for the past ten minutes. Her heart sounded like a marching band with its repetitive thumping. She was shocked that Trey nor Carter had complained about her steady noise. But Nikki had to be honest with herself she was nervous. It was a shame that she was scared to tell her own man that she was expecting. But Carter wasn't the best cup of tea.

But he's mines so I guess that's all that matters.

As the ending credits appeared on the screen Nikki started clapping. Gaining a stare from both Trey and Carter.

"Really Mama?" Trey asked looking at her as if she had two heads.

The whole family had just finished watching The Lion King after Trey had been begging Nikki to buy it. She finally gave in once she realized that the day she promised to take him to see it she actually had to work. So once Trey got back from school today she rushed to Walmart so they could pick out their movie snacks. She was going to set the whole front room up with their snacks and blankets.

Trey was her baby despite the new growing inside of her and she was going to do anything for him. Of course Cater decided to call Nikki while she was in Walmart and question her every move. She explained how it was movie night for her and Trey. And just like that Carter had invited hisself over.

Don't get Nikki wrong despite her and Carters twisted relationship she knew Carter had a love for Trey. Or at least that what she wanted to tell herself. She just didn't understand him nor their relationship. But a trip into Nikki's love life was like downing a whole bottle of Hennessy.

"Yes really." Nikki giggled throwing a piece of popcorn at Trey. "The movie was good. I'm happy I let you trick me into buying it." She explained grabbing the remote from behind her. Existing out the movie Nikki switched it back on her favorite channel.

"You just wanted to watch it because Beyoncé was in it. You know you don't like this movie." Carter vouched pushing the blanket off him and Trey. Placing his empty bowl on the coffee table he got up and stretched.

"Right." Trey agreed shaking his head. Carter laughed as he held out his hand for his son to dap him up. Trey obeyed as Nikki soon interjected.

"Don't be agreeing with your daddy Trey. I bet you won't get that game next month if you keep it up." Nikki threaten scrunching her eyebrows together at them.

"I'll get it for you then." Carter reassured grabbing Trey's bowl from him.

"Thanks dad. You wanna come play Fortnite with me?" He asked his eyes filled with hope that Carter didn't have to leave like always.

"Yeah I'll be up there in a second. Let me help your mama clean real quick." He explained picking up their blanket from off Trey.

Trey had almost shot up from the couch with joy when he heard his dad was staying. Before they knew it Trey had rushed upstairs forgetting his phone in between the cushions.

"I'll have your controller ready!" Trey yelled as he continued up the stairs only wind flying behind him. They both couldn't help but to giggle at him. Once Nikki heard Trey's door shut she decided to the conversation started.

"So you fully staying over tonight or not? Because If so you can keep these blankets out for the couch." Nikki mentioned getting up from the couch and walking into the kitchen.

"How many times do I have to say sorry Nik. I over slept! You know I wouldn't forget to pick Trey up." Carter justified hisself as he smacked his lips. He hated when Nikki held stuff over his head. He was human and yeah he made a big mistake with forgetting Trey, but he had apologized.