Eighteen

Stuck.

That's what Melanie felt at this exact moment right now. She didn't know if she wanted anger to take over or for carelessness to sooth her uneasiness away. Not only that confusion really rung in her head like a unforgettable beat.

Why was Nikki's papers in his car?

She seemed to ask herself this question more than she would have liked. But her mind wasn't wrapping around the situation. She hadn't seen or heard Nikki's name since their ESU days. So why was it making mentions now.

At first she wanted to believe that her eyes were just tricking her into seeing that name. But in reality, and a few more glances at the papers. It was true as ever.

Crushing down on her bottom lip Melanie mentally counted to three. It seemed to be the only thing that could calm her down right now. Because at the moment she was deciding from barging back into the apartment and bashing King's head in, smashing his windows, or simply just walking away.

And since Melanie remembered her tempered days with her ex. She decided to just walk away. Walk away from the car to be exact. Clutching King's keys and her charger in one hand, Melanie couldn't help but to look over at the folder a few times.

"Nikki? Are you serious." She mumbled to herself as she reached the last step. Making sure to hold the folder on her side as she walked in, Melanie eyes immediately met the back of King's head.

When closing the door Mariah and Breylynn had looked up to see who it was and instantly noticed Melanie's face. But expecting that she was just upset that she couldn't find her charger, they brushed it off.

Throwing the keys on the what was considered the kitchen table table Melanie wasted no time making her way over to King. Deciding to play everything smoothly she softly tapped his shoulder.

"You found it?" He asked unaware of the fist that wanted to connect to his face so badly. Unaware that he had just walked into a fight with the girl he loved so much. Or at least that's what Melanie thought.

"I need to talk to you." She state dryly. King was confused as he watched Melanie storm off down the hallway. He knew for sure he didn't have anything in his car that would piss her off. So what was her problem ?

"Everything good?" Dray asked lifting one of his eyebrows toward King. He to had noticed Melanie storm off and thought things were messed up in paradise.

"Yeah Mel just pissed that she can't find her charger." King lied as he stood up to follow her. The last thing he wanted to do was let them in own their business. Especially not right now.

"Tell her she can use mines if she don't find it." Deezy added coming out the kitchen with yet another plate. At the rate he was going this would be his fifth one.

"Mhmm." King said annoyed.

Existing from the group King took baby-steps towards his room. Right now why he had the time he really tried to dissect what could have went wrong. There wasn't a condom in his car and if it was it would be used for him and Melanie. So that was out the picture. She couldn't have found any females clothing in there. So that was out too.

Finally entering his room he closed the door but not fully. Melanie was standing up alongside of the bed with a blank expression to her face. He noticed her hands were folded behind her back as she starred a whole into the wall.

King sat at the end of the bed and waited for her to start the conversation.

He watched as her mouth opened but quickly closed and instead he watched as she pulled the blue folder from behind her back. And in that moment King felt like most stupidest person on Earth.