Fifty-Three

"Okay everybody listen up. When we go in here we're going to act like we have some sense. And when I say we I really mean you Kaden." Melanie pointed out squinting her eyes at the child through the mirror. "Understand?" She asked.

"I understand." He replied in the sweetest baby tone ever. Melanie felt bad in a way for fussing at him but then again he could have been fooling her.

"Where are we Melanie?" Kacey asked looking out the window.

"At the barbershop remember? Your brother needs a haircut bad." Melanie reminded her as she undid her seatbelt and got out of the car. Walking to Kaden's side of the car Melanie opened the door only to realize that he had already undid hisself. How had he managed to undo his car seat in a matter of seconds?

Holding her hands out Kaden leaped into her arms. Placing him on her hip he held on to her shirt for more support. Grabbing her purse from the back Melanie instructed Kacey. "Open your door Kacey."

Obeying Kacey undid her seatbelt and opened her door. She too jumped out her pink skirt flying behind her. Closing Kaden's door Melanie threw her purse over her shoulder and walked over to Kacey. She reached out her hand quickly hoping her purse didn't slide down. Kacey closed the door and held onto Melanie's hand.

Leading them out the parking lot Melanie swiftly moved them out the way as a car sped through the parking lot. As bad as she wanted to curse them out she knew Kaden had a habit of repeating whatever you say. And yes whatever Melanie said he loved to repeat once he got back home.

Embarrassing me in front of his mother is what he enjoyed.

Passing the mural Melanie mind flooded back to the memories of when King had his huge block party. She once again had an attitude with King, but all he had on his mind was getting things straight between them. That was something she admired about him. He never really liked to argue about things and if he did he got his point across and that was it. He understood his wrong doings and then it was trying to fix the situation.

Letting Kacey's hand go Melanie opened the door hitting the bells. Soon everybody greeted them with a loud hey as the door closed behind them. Melanie smiled as she felt Kacey hold her hand again. It was somewhat pack but there were two empty chairs in the mid back. Sitting down waiting were two older guys who seemed like they had been here for a minute judging by the snacks next to them.

About to sit down Melanie heard a voice call her name. Looking up in its direction Cedric was walking towards her. A pair of clippers were held tightly in his hand as Melanie could see. She had completely forgot that she had met everyone, but she didn't expect them to remember her.

"Hey Cedric." Melanie greeted letting Kacey's hand go again. She gave him a quick hug before regaining the girl's hand once more.

"Hey there." He said smiling looking down at the small children. "You didn't tell me you and King went and had kids that fast." He joked waving at them. Melanie laughed as she shook her head. Now she had remembered Cedric being the nice guy King had introduced her to.

"No sir I don't know about that." Melanie joked back as she scooted Kaden up her hip. "These are my baby cousins. I got them for the day so I thought we'll go have some fun before the day is over with." She explained giggling a bit.

"Well that's very nice of you." Cedric mentioned noticing he still had the clippers in his hand. Throwing them in his pocket his eyes soon lit up as if the light bulb in his head had went off. "Let me tell boss man that your here." He added in hurrying off.

Melanie wanted to say no it's okay but Cedric had already started walking off. Thanks a lot Cedric, she thought to herself as she took a seat. Kacey sat on side of her scoping out the place as her legs kicked back and forth. Melanie had placed Kaden on her lap as he too looked at the unfamiliar setting.