Two

These quiet thoughts of you been going on for years now....
- J Cole
__________________
A year later....

"Is the air on Melanie?" Mariah asked as she fanned herself with her freshly manicured nails. She was sitting in the passenger side of my car with two full vents on her and was still complaining.

"Didn't I tell you that three seconds ago when you asked me that the last time." I said through clenched teeth. My friends had a way of testing me and my patience.

"Me estás matando niña." Mariah spoke fanning herself quicker. Mariah and I have been friends since kindergarten back when she would bring me hot Cheetos everyday to school. I think she may be part of the reason as to why I have a strong addiction to them. From there we stayed friends all the way to the end of middle school.

Her parents decided they wanted a better education for her so they sent her away to some private school. It was mostly for the rich and snobby so I couldn't understand how Mariah made it her whole four years. But she did. I attended her graduation and that's where I found out she would be attending ESU with me.

"English." Brelynn joked as she raised her phone up to capture another Snapchat selfie. Brelynn on the other hand I had never met a day in my life until Mariah told me about the one friend she had at her preppy school. It just so happened to be Bre. The two shared the same situation. Parents wanted a better education for them-not saying that the school I attended was horrible-it's just some parents differed. Well it didn't matter because all three of us graduated with a 4.0 and higher, gained academic scholarships to ESU, plus a full paid tuition, dorm, and some food expenses on ESU. Truly Mariah and Brelynn had to wake up everyday at five and leave at four in the afternoon while wearing hideous plaid skirts for nothing.

Anyways, Mariah was a little nervous letting me meet her other friend. She thought it would create some barrier between us two and end our friendship. But come to find out Bre was the missing piece we needed to our duo. From their we roomed together in our three bedroom dorm, and became the best of friends.

Now we were graduates of East Side University with the same remaining high GPA-this year 3.7's and higher. I would attend medical school after this summer. Mariah would start her public service job promptly on August 8th. And Brelynn was also attending medical school but for a different reason. We had all accomplished our biggest dreams and the only thing stopping us were our minds with all its crazy ideas. So we dedicated this summer as our get away from life until it returned to chaos in August.

"Did you guys even listen to Mr.Gomez ?" Mariah asked laughing as she sat up from being all sprawled out. Mr. Gomez was our foreign language teacher our freshman year of college. It was an easy class but I just never really cared for my foreign language classes.

"Yeah listen to him bore me to sleep." I answered taking a sharp left onto a long road. Mariah laughed while giving me a soft push which made her gain a laugh from me. Looking through the rear view mirror Brelynn shook her head while smiling.

"Enough about school we're done with that." Brelynn stated causing both of us to say mhmm. It was true. The four years we spent at ESU were the most difficult ones of our lives. College truly tests whether your prepared for the real world or not.

"Yeah you right." I said making another turn down a street. Today we had planned to just chill out and explore a couple places. But nothing really special since nothing was on our agendas. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate as I straightened the wheel and looked down at my lap.

"Woah! Lani look." Mariah said tapping me. My foot immediately smashed the brakes causing the car to screech. The car had almost smashed into a big orange sign that read Dead End.