Forty

You be throwing that sh*t back like it's a ♪ Thursday. I be treating you like everyday your birthday. Them h*** ain't f****** with you on your worst day. I got you on a new level like what Ferg say. When you fell down, I pick you up, put on your crown, and lift you up.

King sung along to Twenty four seven by Ella Mai ft Meek Mill. Despite not knowing the female part of this song he still felt like the song was fire. And he wasn't the biggest fan of Meek Mill except for the few features he did. So in general it was a catchy song.

It was around ten o'clock in the morning and King had decided to plug up the speakers and let a few jams play. Melanie was currently in the kitchen cooking them some breakfast. She was rocking her hips to the beat since she had yet to memorize Meek Mill's part. But she did enjoy Ella Mai's beautiful voice and the way she sung.

Scrambling the eggs up Melanie turned down the heat on the bacon before the grease of the fat could burn her. Attempting to grab the paper plates King had grabbed her instead. Snugging his hands around her small frame he leaned in and pecked her lips as the next part began.

When you see me kneel like Kaepernick, call a ♪ reverend. See, I got a milli' in a stash for a weddin'
If you ready, let me know, 'cause it's whatever.

"Where the stash at?" Melanie questioned as she removed King's hands from around her. Opening the pack of plastic plates she removed two, placed them on the side, and closed them back.

"I got a stash for myself right now. But I will start saving for our wedding though." He answered opening the refrigerator and grabbed the carton of orange juice and apple juice.

It was the truth. Sure King had his checking and savings accounts and other stashes around the house. But he did need to start saving up for his and Melanie's future. He understood life wasn't planned out and bumps may come in the road but he knew he wasn't letting Melanie go. So yes call him crazy but he was planning their wedding, their future, their future house, their kids, just everything in general.

"Our wedding? Woah buddy calm down." Melanie suggested scrunching her eyebrows together. But she knew not to say to much before King got offended. Whenever it came down to "them" he got really defensive if Melanie couldn't see what he saw. She didn't mind it she loved that somebody even cared that much to even see their future with him.

"Yes our wedding." He corrected her looking over his shoulder at her. Turning back around he starting to pour their juice as he continued to talk. "You don't see us getting married?" He wondered topping the top of the lid back on.

"I mean yeah if things continue with us like this then I can picture us getting married. Plus I already had my wedding planned out way before I met you." Melanie explained laughing at the thought of it. She had changed it about five times since then but she had made her finial choice in her adult years.

"How long ago?" He asked placing both containers back in the fridge, grabbing the cups and walking towards the front room. Placing them down on the coffee table King picked up the remote and turned on the tv. Flipping through the channels King ran across of what he assumed was reruns of Melanie's favorite show.

A Different World.

Melanie was late on the wagon of the popularity the show had received and was still receiving. But every since the first episode she fell in love with the writing, subjects they touched, and most importantly the most iconic couple that she inspired to be like.