Your Arm

You liked to observe the others. You often just watched and listened to the others instead of throwing yourself into any conversation.

Lately you noticed something wrong. Bucky's arm was extremely heavy, and the reason you knew why was because his posture was always off balance. When he walked, he had a sort of limp where his weight was distributed more to the left. You could tell it bothered him despite him never saying anything to anyone.

You decided to confront him about it and hopefully solve the problem. You walked to the training room where Bucky most likely was to be. You entered in noticing him getting off the treadmill.

"Oh hey y/n." He offered you a warm smile that you returned.

"Hi." You whispered.

"What's wrong? I never see you come to the training room."

"Oh well... I... I just wanted to talk with you." You looked down shuffling on your feet.

"Okay. Let me go take a shower, and we can talk in the living room on my floor." He walked out with you, and you both went to the elevator. The ride up was quiet, but you didn't mind.

You sat down on the couch while Bucky went to his room to freshen up and change. Then he came and sat down beside you.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He asked as he turned to face you.

"I... I um noticed your arm is heavy and putting you off balance." You whispered.

"Oh... It's that noticable huh?" Bucky frowned.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way. I just want to help you." You reached out and grabbed the metal arm.

"How?" He looked down to where you were holding his hand.

"I can give you back your real arm with the help of my powers." You looked up to him confidently.

"You'd do that for me?" He whispered.

"Of course I would."

"Then let's do it doll." He shook his head.

You got up and walked him to the lab in case something was to go wrong. You had previously told Bruce and Shuri of your plan, and they agreed to help if something were to go wrong.

He laid down on a small bed, and you used your powers to put him into a deep peaceful sleep. Then Shuri and Bruce began to take apart his arm. You held Bucky's other hand to make sure he wasn't feeling any pain or having any nightmares.

Once Shuri and Bruce finished getting his arm off, they kept it and stored it in case something were to happen and he need it again. Then you got up and moved to the other side of the bed. You sat down closing your eyes imagining his arm as it was. You placed your hand over his shoulder.

Bruce and Shuri stood shocked as they watched his flesh begin to grow back. It was a long slow process, and it was also draining you because not only were you trying to recreate his arm, but you were still trying to make sure he was asleep.

"Y/n... I think you need to take a break. You don't need to pass out." Bruce tried to talk to you.

"I'll be fine. I'm almost finished." You clenched your eyes.

Bruce was about to say something when Shuri stopped him shaking her head. Bruce looked at her in disappointment , but he finally stepped back so you could finish what you set out to do.

You finally finished and woke Bucky up. You were weak, but you were happy. Bucky slowly got up and looked down at his left arm. He began to wiggle his fingers and feel his arm. He smiled and began to laugh as he looked to you.

"You did it. You got me my arm back." He scooted closer to you.

"Of course I did." You smiled in return.

"I'm so happy, I could..." he didn't even finish his sentence. He leaned over to you placing both his hands on your checks. Then he placed his lips on yours delicately and only for a moment. Then he pulled away leaving you appalled.

"Thank you so much doll." He whispered.

"You... You're welcome. Let's um... Let's see if your posture is any better."

He nodded, and you helped him stand up. You helped him walk, and you could tell his posture had indeed improved.

"I finally feel balanced." He chucked. "Thank you again darlin."

"You're welcome." Then you decided to kiss his cheek.

Right as you were about to kiss him, he turned his head so that you would kiss his lips instead. You didn't mind, and you pulled him closer to you. Eventually you pulled apart, and Bucky kissed your forehead.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to kiss you y/n." He whispered.

"I suppose I could say the same." You giggled.

"Wanna go to dinner with me tonight?"

"I'd love to." You held his new left hand and you both walked out of the lab completely forgetting that Shuri and Bruce had been there the whole time.