A Blue Box

This was it. Bucky was being sent off to war early in the morning. He honestly was trying everything he could to distract himself from thinking about what might happen when he would get on that bus. He thought the world's fair was the best idea for that.

     He walked around with his friend Steve as he looked at all the exhibits. He also brought his sister and cousin to walk around with them, but the girls had long since walked away.

     "Bucky, your scratching your uniform again." Steve broke the silence.

     The young soldier looked down realizing Steve was right. He slowly placed his hands in his pockets and began to take deep breaths as they walked closer to a stage with a vibrant red car. A man walked out and began to talk about a future where cars might actually fly. Bucky was fully absorbed in the show until the car crashed.

     He turned to talk to Steve only to realize he was gone. He grumbled realizing Steve must've went to try and enlist. Bucky was about to go to find him when he noticed a light in the distance. His curiosity got the better of him, and he began to follow the light.

     He now found himself in a alleyway. It was empty except for one lone object at the very end.

     "What is a Police Public Call Box, and what is it doing in an alleyway?"

     Bucky took his time as he walked closer to the box. He walked the sides of the box and stood still at the door. He read the words on the door and almost considered picking up the phone in the small compartment. Then he put his hand on the handle. He barely pushed the door and it opened.

     His jaw dropped to the floor when he walked in. How could all this technology fit in one small box? It was as if he truly stepped into the future. He walked further in hearing music he'd never heard. It was calm in a sense, but the unfamiliarity added to the ambiance of the box. He also heard two voices one male and one female. The male voice had an accent, while the female voice sounded American.

     "Doctor, are you ready to look around the fair?"

     "Of course I am. You chose a New York free of Daleks, Cybermen, and... Well it doesn't matter. Now come on."

     The two turned around and for the first time, noticed the soldier standing there. The girl was the first to walk to him. She smiled extending her hand.
"Hello. I'm y/n."

     "Y/n, I thought you locked the door." The man walked to her and looked just a bit aggravated.

     "I did. You know the TARDIS. Opens the door to those who need it." The girl spoke looking at him almost like a lost puppy. "Even if I didn't lock the door, he's not alien. He most likely would've attacked already."

     "Not always the case precious star. Anyway, I can't stay mad with you." They both then turned their gaze to the the man before them. "Hello. I'm the Doctor."

     "Bucky. What is this place?" He soon found himself learning more and more about this TARDIS. Of course now that he new about other worlds, different timelines, and aliens, he had to promise to never tell anyone about this. He didn't plan on it anyway. Everyone probably would've thought he was crazy if he spoke word of an alien that looked like a man with two hearts at the age of 900.

     He had particularly become fond of y/n. Especially since he had discovered that she was from the future at least the future compared to the present he was in now. She was unique. He'd never seen a dame like her, and even though he had never met her, she almost seemed familiar.

     "Doctor...  Do you think perhaps we could reschedule the fair and show Bucky the future or some of our favorite planets?" She smiled walking closer to the time lord who was really only called by "The Doctor."