I'll Call You Back Later

Present Day Bucky, no infinity war. Things are better and you live in Brooklyn with your boyfriend Bucky. This is several months after the Quiet Confession imagine.

Your POV:

"Hey Stevie! How was the honeymoon?" You answered his phone call.

"N/n, it was fantastic. I'm so happy."

"I bet you are. It's what you've always wanted. Next thing you know you'll be calling to tell me you're a dad and I'll get to be the baby's godmother wink wink."

"Ahah, yeah maybe so, and I'll think about that godmother thing. Anyways, enough about me, how are you and Bucky? He hasn't been giving you trouble has he?"

You giggled assuming he was sleeping in his room. "Well, maybe just a little. No he's been amazing and sweet as ever. I can't believe we're together."

"Finally." You could tell Steve was smiling on the other end.

"I guess you might have a point. So how's Peggy?"

"She's actually in a meeting right now with Natasha."

"Oh okay. So... You really gonna make me your child's godmother...."

"We're not having a baby yet y/n."

"Mhm... Sure you're not."

"We're not."

"Steve I honestly did think you'd wait at least a year, but Peggy... Oh no.. nevermind."

"Nevermind nothing y/n... She's... We're having a baby?"

You sighed regretting everything, "Yes, Steve. You're gonna be a dad. Don't tell Peggy I told you. She'd kill me. I didn't mean to tell it just... Happened"

"You're just as bad as Bucky, you know that. Ahah your both perfect for each other. This is great... I'm gonna be a dad. You know what, as soon as Peggy tells me and we talk it through, I'd really like for you and Bucky to be the baby's godparents."

"Oh this is so- omph."

You broke out of the conversation to notice one Bucky Barnes laying on your lap, and he was kinda heavy. He was sightly coughing and acting rather dramatic when he mouthed that he was sick with a cold, and he felt as if he was dying. You rubbed his head and went back to your conversation.

"You okay there y/n?"

"I'm fine, so you want a girl or boy."

"Well both, but maybe a boy first."

You were fixing to talk more, but Bucky interrupted you with a sigh.

"What would you name him?"

Bucky sighed a little louder.

"Oh I don't know, I was thinking about James Kurtis. James for Bucky and Kurtis for-"

"Your father, aww Steve that's so sweet."

Bucky sighed louder. You grumbled and Steve must have heard.

"Y/n, you sure you're okay."

"Sorry, I have a clingy and feverish assassin on my lap. I'll call you back when I've convinced him that a cold doesn't mean he's dying." (This was what helped me write this imagine via Pinterest)

"Alright then n/n. Tell Bucky I hope he gets better."

"Bye Stevie. Remember, I didn't tell you anything about little Rogers."

"What little Rogers? Bye y/n."

You hung up the phone and looked at your boyfriend who was smiling.

"Bucky I thought you said you were dying. Why are you smiling?"

"I am dying, dying for your attention. I mean I also think I'm getting sick, but I just love being with you all the time. It's not my fault I was brainwashed and kept away from you for most of my life." He chuckled and held your hand.

You sighed again rolling your eyes. "It's a good thing your so charming and adorable. How could I ever stay aggravated with you?"  You continued to comb through his hair with your free hand.

"It's at times like this where I'm thankful for all the horrible things I've been through. I would do it all again if it means that every time waiting at the end of my dark tunnel, is the light that radiates from the woman I always wanted to be with. I love you so much, and I thank God that I was able to be given this time with you."  He looked at you with so much compassion and love that would make your heart melt like lava.

"Oh Bucky, you're gonna make me cry."

He sat up and held your face in the palms of his hands. "I'd never want you to cry on my expense darling. I just can't deny the fact that each day, each hour, each minute, each second, I fall deeper in love with you."

Bucky began to cutely kiss your face all over causing you to laugh so hard, your stomach began to hurt. Then he caught your lips. He kissed you and made you feel all warm and gushy inside.

"I really didn't mean to make you stop taking with Steve. What was he talking about anyways?"

"It's okay James, oh and we might just be in the running to be godparents to the little Rogers."

"We're gonna be godparents to their dog?"

"Oh Buckybear, no silly. I meant baby Rogers. Steve and Peggy are expecting."

"Oh my gosh. That's awesome. You know they won't say no to us."

"I know. We're gonna spoil that little baby."

"Of course we are!" He held you close and kissed the top of your head.

"Oh and by the way, you didn't hear that from me. Also Steve doesn't know, well not around Peggy he doesn't. I'm sorry I'm dragging you in this with me, but we're gonna have to keep our mouths shut till she tells him and then they tell us."

"Trust me, I'm a master of keeping secrets."

"You and I both that's not true. With missions sure, but we both have a hard time keeping things from people in our daily life. Even Steve and Peggy know it. We suck at keeping secrets.'

"Well, if I think of it like a mission, then maybe I can keep it in."

"Well if your successful you're gonna have to help keep my mouth shut."

He smirked at you, "I think I can manage to kiss you to shut you up if you can't help but say it."

"Oh then maybe I'll just have to say it."

"Mmm. Maybe so doll, maybe so."