Greenie

This is a maze runner themed imagine.

You woke up frightened. You couldn't remember anything about your life. You couldn't even remember your name. You had no idea where you were.

Then you noticed a boy with dirty blonde hair looking at you. When he noticed you were awake, he looked at you with care.

"I know you're scared and confused, but I assure you'll be okay. My name is Newt."

"Where are we?"

"Well, we're in what we call the Glade. Where it is? Dunno. None of us know where we really are. None of us know who we are other than our names. None of us can remember anything. The Glade is all we have, and your our first girl greenie."

You looked to him in confusion, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Let's get you up yeah? I'll show you around."

You decided you didn't have much of a choice. He seemed nice, but you felt like he was going to make you get up regardless. He took your hand and helped you up.

"Good. Now try to walk."

You began to walk, and you had to ask him a question. "What happened to me? Can I not properly walk?"

"You can still walk, but when you got here, you passed out from hyperventilation. I'm taking you to get some food before I show you around the Glade."

You nodded happy to know nothing severe happened. Newt sat you down at a long, large table. He told you he would be back shortly. While you waited, you looked around. There were a few boys  at other tables eating and talking together. A few would glance at you, but you would end up looking at your hands.

"I hope you like tomato soup." He placed down a bowl and cup of water.

After you ate, Newt showed you around the Glade and told you rules. He said you were going to have to work eventually, and he would help you figure out where you belonged.

While you were walking around, you noticed a boy waking out of the woods. You stopped Newt and turned it in the direction of the boy.

"Newt, who's that?"

"Oh... He's.... well I don't know who he is. I don't even know if he talks. He also was one of the first ones here. When he came up from the box, he just stared at us all. We did everything I'm doing for you, but he never responded. He still hasn't told us his name. He's a good chap. He always does his work, but he just prefers to be alone. He works with us track-hoes."

"Have you or anyone else tried to talk to him anymore?" You qukestioned.

"Yes, but he still doesn't respond. I think he just needs some sort of hope. Maybe you can get to him because I really think he can hear. I think he can speak. I just think whatever we all went through, he got it worse."

While Newt was talking, you continued to look at the somewhat mysterious guy. You quit looking when he made eye contact with you. He didn't seem intimidating, but you just didn't want to stare to long.

You decided to speak again to get your mind thinking of something else. "So, I was thinking maybe I could work with you and the others."

He stopped and smiled, "Well I'm honored, but are you sure you don't want to try out other jobs in the maze?"

"No. I don't feel like dying from running. I don't feel like throwing up from looking at blood. Gally and his henchmen freak me out. I'm not sure if I want to cook for a lot of people. I don't know."

"Is this because of him." Newt smirked.

"Maybe. Besides, you said I might be able to get him to talk. Working with him is the best way to do that. I won't be able to see him much if I had another job. Plus, I don't feel like being thrown into the maze or pit."