Brighter Part Two

The days seemed to go by since the Asgardian noble-woman arrived in Bucky's life. Since her arrival, Bucky decided to go live in the palace to be near her if she needed him.

"This flat cake is very delicious. What is it?" Y/n spoke after finishing her food.

"It's a pancake. It's Bucky's favorite." Shuri laughed.

They both turned to see Bucky shoveling pancakes in his mouth before he reached for some syrup. When he noticed the two looking at him, he swallowed the pancakes and blushed. Y/n giggled and Bucky's blush went to a deeper shade of red.

"Well this was fun. I'm going to go to work on some inventions. I hope you both have a good day."

They watched Shuri leave, and Bucky got up to put his dish up.

"Do you want anymore pancakes? I could make you some more."

Y/n got up and put her plate in the sink. "I appreciate your offer, but I'm very full."

He nodded, and she walked to the window. She looked up to the sky and frowned. She missed Asgard. She missed Thor. She missed Loki. She wondered if Loki knew that she figured out his identity. He probably did, but there was no way she could know. She broke from her thoughts when she heard Bucky walk to her.

"Do you want to try to call again?"

She frowned shaking her head. "No. I don't think anything will happen. Something is not right. Thor will get me when everything is alright."

She looked up to Bucky and tried to smile. Bucky took the chance to hold her hand. She closed her eyes and squeezed his hand.

"What if we go to the lake for a little while?"

Y/n opened her eyes and smiled. "I'd like that very much."

Bucky held her hand the whole walk to the lake. He didn't completely understand why he had grown so attached to her. He just knew he was falling for her.

They sat down, and y/n closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. She opened her eyes and let go of his hand.

"I miss them, but I assure you that I'm alright. I have to continue to press on with life and endure."

Bucky was about to say something when the children began to call his name. He turned his head to see T'challa and some of his advisors walking to him with a large case. He got up knowing exactly what it was. Y/n also got up and held his hand.

They both watched as one of the men opened the case to reveal his new arm. Bucky sighed, "Where's the fight?"

The man closed the case up, and they all began to walk back to Shuri's labs.

"Bucky, I am very perplexed. What is going on, and why did you mention a fight when T'challa and the men showed you your arm?"

Bucky slowed their walking down and looked to her. "Shuri has been working on my arm for a long time. I assume something is wrong for her to suddenly have it finished."

"Do you think they will tell you what's going on? If they do, I might be able to pinpoint a location and see what's going on."

"I dunno doll." Bucky whispered while he squeezed her hand. He had the feeling that whatever was happening, it would come to them.  

Y/n didn't speak the rest of the way to the labs. Bucky wasn't sure if he should start a conversation or not. She looked deep in thought, and he had to let her know they had made it to the labs.

"I apologize Bucky. My mind sometimes wanders off. I did not realize just how big Earth is, and yet at the same time it is so small. I ... I didn't want to read any minds, so I tried to look for this dilemma. There, there was so much. My brain rather hurts."