Soft Kitty Sequel

Reader POV

I woke up feeling absolutely terrible. The worst thing was I actually had a cough which wouldn't go undetected by Bucky. I take that back I just threw up, but I can tell you I'm not pregnant if your concerned because Bucky and I promised to save ourselves for marriage, so no baby till he puts a ring on it, then a couple more years...

Regardless there was no way I was gonna be able to hide the fact I'm sick from Bucky. No chance of going to work. However he hadn't come to my room yet to wake me up since he's like my human alarm clock, so I went back to bed hoping it might help me some.

"Y/n, darlin, good morning beautiful. It's time to wake up."

I should've known that would happen. Just got back in bed and my lovely boyfriend walls in. I immediately pull the covers over my head wishing I had thought of something else.  I could feel him rub my head.

"I know you don't wanna wake up, but will you at least let me see your adorable self that I've fallen so hard for."

Before I could say anything I began having a coughing fit. Then I felt Bucky slowly pull down the cover. I watched his happy face contort to concern as he placed his hand on my forehead.

"Doll, I definitely don't think you should go to work today you're burning up."

"I... I should try to go." I said between coughs.

"I tell you what, if you don't have a fever you can go to work, if you do though I want you to stay home. I'll take care of you just like you did for me."

I nodded and watched as he went to go get the thermometer. Unfortunately I ended up going to the bathroom again and the toilet was like a disgusting pillow.

"I don't think I need to take your temperature to know you need to stay at home today doll."

He came over and rubbed my back, "are you good for now?" I nodded barely keeping my eyes open. I felt him pick me up bridal style to my bed. Then he went to get a toothbrush, paste, and cup.

"Open up." He comforted me. I opened and he gently brushed my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth. I thanked him as he put it all up. When he returned he sat on the edge of my bed rubbing my head.

"I kept a promise. Open your mouth for Dr Barnes to see if you have a fever or not." I tried to giggled which only made me cough as I opened my mouth.

"Well Miss l/n, it looks like I'll be taking care of you today. Darlin you have a hundred point two degree fever. Now tell Buckybear what all feels bad."

I really didn't wanna speak so I grabbed a notebook and pencil and wrote "Well of course you know I'm coughing and throwing up, still feeling like that. My throat hurts as well as my head. I just feel like crap Buckybear."

"Well I'm going to help you feel better." I nodded and watched him walk off to who knows where and I tried to keep my eyes open. When he came back he had several things in his hands. He gave me Mucinex, rubbed Vicks on my forehead just like I did for him, he brought me coke and crackers, and put a ponytail holder on the nightstand incase I needed to pull my hair up.

"I knew you probably wouldn't want anything to eat so here's the crackers. Need anything else?"

"No thank you... Thanks for all this."

He smiled, "anything for you darling I want to make sure you get better just like you did for me."

He pulled down the cover getting in himself before pulling it back up.

"Bucky I would love to cuddle, but I don't want you to get sick." 

"It's worth the risk doll. I love you too much and there's no sickness that will stop me from being with you."

I blushed and moved my head to his chest and I felt him chuckle. "You are so adorable y/n."

He started rubbing my head. "Is someone sleepy?" I slowly nodded my head.

"Want me to sing you Soft Kitty?"

I nodded again as I turned my head to cough in another direction.

"Alright then. Soft Kitty warm kitty little ball of fur, happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr." (Credit to owners of song as always)

I smiled at how beautiful his voice was. It began to lull me to sleep as he sang more songs from the forties.

"Doll,..." He looked down seeing you asleep he sweetly laughed one more time before kissing your forehead. "Sleep tight darlin" he kissed your lips before positioning himself so you'd still be laying on his chest as he laid down so he too could take a nap with you. What a sweet, caring, and loving couple you are.