Chapter 28

Nicole's P.O.V

I woke up in my bed and got out. I got up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I heard pots and pans downstairs. I walked down the stairs carefully, and saw my mom. I ran up to her and hugged her.

"what are you doing home?" I asked.

"Well I have this week off." She said. I looked over at my dad. A couple years ago he used to abuse me because he had a drinking problem, but I never told my mom. I went over to him and gave him a small hug. My mom motioned for me to come sit next to her, so I did.

"So what's been going on with you honey, how's school?" She asked as I played with my hair.

"School is good. I have a boyfriend." I said to her, and she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh yeah? What's his name?" She asked.

"Cameron." I smiled, just thinking about him.

"Oh ok, so when do I get to meet this Cameron?"

"I don't know." I said while biting my lip.

"Well where does he live?"

I laughed. "Next door."

"Oh, ok let's go." She said while getting up.

"No wait." I said while chasing after her.

"Wait, will dad like him?" I asked her.

"I didn't even meet him yet."

"I know, but dad has never liked the idea of me having a boyfriend." I whispered and she shrugged. We continued to Cameron's house, and I looked up in his window. I saw him making out with Sarah. My blood boiled.

"Uh, mom Cameron just texted me and he's out with his family." I lied and she stopped walking.

"Oh, alright I really wanted to meet him." She said while walking back to the house.

"I'm just gonna go for a walk ma." I said and she nodded.

"I'll have breakfast ready when you come back." She said and I fake smiled. She got into the house and I knocked on Cameron's door. I waited and crossed my arms over my chest. A shirtless Cameron answered the door.

"Hey ba~" I cut him off by barging in and going to his room.

"Hey Nicole, don't." He said and I stormed into his room. Sarah was sitting on his bed with almost no clothes on. I looked back at Cameron with tears in my eyes.

"REALLY CAMERON? AFTER ALL THE SHIT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH??" I yelled at him.

"No, you don't understand." He said to me.

"Oh yeah, I don't understand it's always the same shitty story. I'm done with you." I stormed out of his room, now crying my eyes out.

"Nicki, wait." He said, but I didn't listen to him. I barged into my house crying hysterically. My dad got up from the couch and came over to me.

"What's wrong Nicole?"He asked.

"Nothing." I lied. My mom came downstairs. Oh god.

"Nicloe what happened?"She asked and I shook my head.

"Was it that boy Cameron?" She asked and I got up.

"No." I lied.

"Yes it was."

"Wait, a boy did this? I'm gonna beat the shit out of him." My dad said.

"MOM STOP HIM!" I yelled and ran after my dad.