Chapter 42

Nicole's P.O.V

It's been thirty minutes since they took Cameron into the room. I sat on the floor while I tried to slow my breathing down. I heard the main door to the hospital open, and looked. Matt ran in, and I stood up. I ran to him and hugged him as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"What happened Nicole?" He asked.

"Sarah shot him, and they just took him out of the room because the monitor started beeping really fast." I said in one breath. Matt looked at me with wide eyes.

"I don't know what to say." He said.

"Yeah, me either." I started crying. Matt pulled me into a hug as I sobbed into his chest.

"Ma'am." I heard someone say and turned around.

"Yes?" I asked.

"The patient might not wake up tonight, you should probably go home." The doctor said, and I looked over at Gina and Sierra who nodded their heads.

"No, I'm staying here until he wakes up, I don't care if it's in a two days, a week, or a month, I'm not leaving him." I said and sat down.

"Well you can't go in the room." He said and I nodded.

"Honey, uh we're gonna go now, we'll see you tomorrow." Gina said and I nodded. I hugged both of them and watched them leave.

"Yeah Nicole, I'm tired, I'll be back in the morning." Nash said and I got up and hugged him. Me and Matt sat in silence, before I broke it.

"Are you gonna go too?" I asked, and looked at him.

"Not unless you want me to." He said.

"No, I don't want you to go." I said and he nodded his head.

"Ok, then I won't go." He said and I leaned on his shoulder.

"Nicole, he's gonna be ok." Matt said and I looked up at him.

"How do you know huh? He could be dying right now and....." I cut myself off. If he's dying right now, then I need to be dying, we made a pact and I'm sticking to it. I got up.

"I'll be back." I said to Matt, and went into the bathroom. I locked the door, and looked at the mirror. I punched it, and a whole bunch of pieces shattered on the floor. I looked down at my knuckles that were all bloody. I grabbed one of the pieces.

"Nicole, what happened?" I heard Matt say and he tried to get in.

"NO LEAVE ME ALONE, ME AND CAMERON ARE SUPPOSEDD TO DIE TOGETHER!" I yelled while putting the glass to my wrist.

"NICOLE NO STOP WHAT IF HE DOESN'T DIE?!! THIS WOULD HAVE ALL BEEN FOR NOTHING AND YOU WOUOLD HAVE LEFT HIM ALONE!" Matt said really fast with a shaky voice. Tears streamed down my face, and I threw the glass on the floor. I screamed. I walked over to the door and opened it. Matt stood there, with fear in his eyes. He pulled me into a hug and grabbed my arms.

"Are you crazy? You scared me so bad." He said and I looked at him with a blank expression.

"Come on, let's sit down."  He said while leading me to the chairs.

"Cameron's gonna die Matt." I said while looking at him.

"The angels are gonna take him from me." I finished with tears in my eyes.

"Come on don't say that." Matt said.

"No, and we're supposed to die together, we were supposed to grow old together." I said as tears fell down my face. Matt pulled me into his chest, and I put my legs on the chair. I cuddled at his side as my eyes grew heavy.