Harry imagine - Love yourself (requested)

This imagine may contain content that some find uncomfortable or offensiveI apologize for that if it applies to you

This imagine is for Mack or @1Dsquirel1dlover requested via WattpadI hope this brightens your day girl xx

"Mack, come here."

You sigh, placing your laptop on the bed and getting up to find your brother.  He's in the kitchen, sitting at the counter eating a sandwich and turning over a birthday card in his hand.

"Where did you get that?" You ask, instantly recognizing the card as the one you'd received from a boy at school on your fourteenth birthday.  you try to take it from him but he stands up and holds it over his head.

"you left it on the counter silly," he smirks, a cheeky glint in his clear green eyes.

"Well give it back," you say, hitting him in the arm, your cheeks flaming.

"Not until you tell me who it is. You're my baby sister, I have to protect you," he teases, putting the card in his back pocket and starting to walk away from you.

"No you don't," you say sternly, hating that he still thought you were a baby.  You loved that he wanted to look out for you, but he couldn't protect you from everything.  "Give it back, my life is none of your business."

"Yes it is."

"No, it's not," you argue, following him up the stairs.

"Why not?" He smirks, turning around and pulling the card from his pocket, taunting you like he usually does.

Normally you'd play along but you weren't in the mood today and were getting angry.  Harry thought he knew you, you brother thought he had to look out for you and you knew that he couldn't.  No one knew everything about you and they never would.

"Because Harry!" You shout, having had enough.

His eyes grow wide as he lowers his hand and you snatch the card from him.  He frowns, taken aback by your sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry, don't freak out," he says quietly, giving you a small eye roll.  "Take a joke..." He grumbles and you glare at him.

You shake your head and storm into your room slamming the door behind you loudly.  You couldn't help getting angry, you were sensitive and whenever Harry said he needed to protect you, even in a joking manner, it made you cringe because he couldn't.  It was even worse when he told you not to freak out or calm down because you couldn't, you just could not.

No one could protect you from everything, he couldn't protect you from yourself.  Not even you could, your mind was darker than anyone knew and you hated it.  As much as you wished you weren't the way you were, you couldn't stop it.  It made you angry, it made you hate yourself for not being able to control who you were.  You wished you could be happy, even when you got a birthday card from a cute boy.  It did make you happy but the feeling never stuck around for long and you couldn't help it.

You never told anyone, afraid that they'd think something was wrong with you.  You didn't want to be labeled as depressed or unstable, you didn't want people to think you were different even though you were.