He admits to being in love with someone else (Part One)

(A/N - PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT)

He admits to being in love with someone else...

Liam -  You wait nervously for Liam to come home from a night out, the third one this week.  There's no stopping the vortex of thoughts consuming your mind, but you try to push it back anyways wanting to keep your composure. 

The clock reads 2:07 am. 

You've had enough and are almost certain that you know what is going on.  The door clicks and you're standing from your seat in the kitchen, your heart pounding and tears already threatening to spill over in anticipation.

"Liam?" Your voice is quiet as you step out into the hallway to see him shutting the door behind him.

"Y/N, what are you still doing up love?" He asks with a faint smile, reaching out to you.  You back away and watch the smile fade from his lips, his dark eyebrows pushing together in confusion.  "What's wrong?"

Such a simply question, yet you burst into tears.  They are warm as they stream silently down your face, your heart knowing your assumptions are correct without Liam saying anything.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He says softly, attempting to come closer to you again but you back away once more.

"Liam, I know what you've been doing these past few weeks.  You leave ever other night after dinner and don't come back til late.  You're not even going to the clubs because you never come home drunk or smelling of smoke, which you surely would if you had been out with the boys," you choke, rage suddenly spilling over and consuming the heartache.

"What? I... I've been with them..." He says slowly, his eyes searching your face desperately, but you can see the panic behind their dark color.

"Tell me the truth," you demand.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair, shaking it slowly.  He looks at you in the eyes, apology written all over his face.  "I'm so sorry," he mumbles and your heart breaks, the pain in your chest worse than ever.  "I've been with Sophia... I don't know how to say this but I - I still love her."

You breath deeply, your mind empty with the shock of it all even though you expected it.  "What do we do then?" You croak, not really wanting to know the answer.

Liam drops his gaze to the floor, his hands playing with one of the buttons on his shirt.  Silence falls between you, the air thick with tension and broken hearts.  Finally he looks up at you, his deep eyes ridden with guilt.  He swallows hard before turning around to grab the door handle.

You don't even hear his last apology or the door shut through your sobs.  You collapse onto the floor, curling up into a ball and clutching your chest, willing your heart to stay together even though it is already shattered.

LouisYou're fuming as you sit next to him, your blood boiling and head spinning.  He sits cross legged on the sofa next to you, his eyes glued to his phone with a sweet smile on his face, the smile that used to only be for you.

Since he's been back to visit from starting the tour, he hasn't been the same.  He's barely acknowledged you, the spark you used to feel hardly present.  Your mind keeps bringing back the same conclusion no matter how many times you refuse to believe it, but you're not willing to live with questions.