BAND RANT - 5SOS EDITION

Well, well, well. 

Looks like 5sos is following in 1D's footsteps, and I can't say I'm complaining.

Obviously I'm talking about the most recent news in the band (excluding Derp Con), Calum's blond hair which is similar to Zayn's blond quiff and of course, none other than the NUDES!

SO by now we've all seen Harry's xfactor nudes, and hey, I'm not complaining about those.  And by now, most of us have seen Calum's nudes, either the picture, video or both (I recommend both).

The thing about this is that he reacted so calmly and maturely and it's just a big joke between the four guys, nothing serious.  I love the fact that everyone in the fam is so chill about it (mostly because, again, we can't complain) but there is something that bugs me.

Recently, Jennette Macurdy's nudes were leaked (whether you know her or not, this is speaking for all girls who have been betrayed) and the reaction to those were a complete opposite from what Calum is getting.

As girls, if we're betrayed and our private, consensual photos are leaked, the whole world is 'disappointed'.  But look at Calum, everyone is egging him on and saying how awesome it is that he's being cool about it.  Whether the girl who's nudes are leaked acts maturely about it or not, she gets talked down about.

I guess this isn't so much of a band rant as it is just an eye opener to the double standards society has for females and males.  It's the same when it comes to guys being applauded for having lots of sex with different girls and girls being shamed for having sex with different guys.  Why?

Nothing is ever really going to change this overnight, woman are meant to be wholesome and pure, but what if I don't want to be that.  Gender equality.  That's what this is.

People make mistakes, so be it.

But seriously, Calum, call me up any time babe.