Chapter 1 - Birthday morning

Caitlyn's POV

I woke up early this morning. My curtain was wide open letting the early morning shine right onto my eyes. I squint my eyes and look over at my clock which was located on my bedside.

It read 6:30 am, "Shit!" I exclaimed quickly pushing my duvet covers of my body and getting out of my bed. Rubbing my eyes and letting out a giant yawn before grabbing my pink fluffy robe that sat around my desk chair and wrapped it around my body.

I quickly made my way out my room and down the stairs of my two-bedroom apartment that I shared with my best friend Gen.

Gen and I have always been friends ever since primary school. We have never left each other's side and always been together during thick and thin.

I run down the stairs but quickly got a big scare as Gen popped out of nowhere, "Surprise!" She yelled making me reciprocate the yell, "Happy birthday! I hope you don't mind having ice cream for breakfast"

I skipped along to the dining area and almost immediately took a slice of ice cream cake that was already pre-cut by Gen, "Gosh this cake is so good," I say as I stuff the dessert into my mouth.

Before I could take anymore mouthfuls of my birthday cake, she took away my spoon and replaced it with a small card in my hand, "Can I eat my cake first?"

"Nope, you have to open you present first- Trust me you're going to love it!"

I gave an annoyed gaze and then I opened the card. I let out a loud gasp in excitement, "Oh my god we're going to see Queen and Adam Lambert live!" She nodded her head as I got up from my seat and gave her a big bear hug, "These must have been so expensive! You didn't have to do this for me"

"To bad! You, Me, Rami and Ben. Next Saturday at 7:30" My excitement dropped when she mentions the name 'Ben', "What?"

"Ben? As in Ben Hardy? I don't even know him!" Well of course I knew him. I have like one of the biggest crushes on him and Have never actually had the courage to tell Gen about it because this is like one of her best friends.

"And that's why I arrange a little get together to celebrate your birthday," She squealed embracing her inner party animal.

"But I have a big test coming up and- "

"Don't lie to me Caity. We don't have any tests for the next few weeks. So, you will come out tonight whether you like it or not!"

I let out a groan, "Fine, but only for a little while because I'm not a big party person" She hugged me again but this time a bit tighter, "I'm going to continue eating my ice cream now" I took back my spoon and started eating again as I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through it.

"Oh, by the way I'm going to Rami now" I looked up at her and raised an eyebrow. Of course, she wanted to see her boyfriend on my birthday, "Don't worry I'll be home by 7:30 tonight to pick you up"

"Cool I'll just be waiting here... alone, In my room"

"Awesome! And please pick out something nice to wear. I'm sure Ben would appreciate it," She winked.

"Right, I'm sure Ben has definitely notice me before," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes

"Lighten up a bit, It's your birthday for God sakes!"

"Ok Now go! I'm sure Rami is waiting for you" I stood up from my seat and literally pushed her out the door, "Bye! And wear protection!" I laughed

"Shut up!" She yelled back, "I'll see you later. Call me if you need company!" She said before getting into her car.

I watched as she drove away into the distance. I cannot believe she planned for me to see Ben tonight. Of course, I'm nervous and I can guarantee you that for the next few hours I'm going to be panicking about it. Let's just hope this goes well.