Chapter 3 - the club

Caitlyn's POV 

I checked the time on my phone and Gen should be here any moment. I have to admit I am kind of nervous, but I shouldn't be, it's my 21st birthday! What could go wrong?

I heard her car honk from outside, so I quickly grabbed my coat from behind the door and went outside, remembering to lock the door before leaving.

I climb into the front seat next to Gen and closed the door. I could feel my nerves now playing games on me, "You're looking great this evening," Gen said as he started driving again.

"You look great too," I said nervously.

"Gosh Caity! Why are so nervous? I promise I'll be by your side all the time" Yeah, you will definitely not leave my side.

"Not unless you get drunk. And before you argue, please remind me about one time you have ever walked out of a club sober?" I reached over and turned the air conditioning on as I was starting to get hot from my nerves.

"If I'm getting drunk, so are you. It's your birthday! Live a little," Gen laughed, and I simply just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I'll have a few drinks, alright?"

"Alright, I just want you to have fun!"

"Don't you worry about me Gen; I'll find my own fun...Somehow"

***

We finally arrived at the club after 20 minutes of driving. As we walked to the entrance you could hear the loud music coming from inside and let's just say I'm not the one for loud music.

When we got inside it didn't take us long to spot Rami and Ben who were already seated at a booth with a drink in their hands.

Gen left me as quick as she could and ran towards Rami leaving me alone to walk over. When I did eventually make my way over, passing the large crowd of drunk people in my way Rami immediately gave me a hug and wished me a happy birthday.

Gen then took Rami's hand and dragged him towards the bar leaving me in an awkward situation with Ben, "Happy birthday Caity," he said nervously as he kissed my cheek.

He just kissed my cheek and I think I'm about to die! I was in utter shock. I could feel my cheeks starting to redden and become hot like I was having a fever.

"Do you want to sit down?" he asks. Be cool Caitlyn. Be cool.

"Um- sure!" I said in a weird excited tone. Dammit Caitlyn! Don't mess this up.

I took a seat on the blue cushioned seat and then Ben sat next to me making my cheeks turn another shade darker.

"Can I buy you a drink? Something to eat maybe?" He offered

"No, I'm fine but thank you for the offer" There was an awkward silence between the both of us. I didn't know what to say or ask him. I was mainly just focusing on making sure any part of my body doesn't touch his, "So what do you do for a living?" was that really the first thing I could ask him?

"I'm an actor or at least I aspire to be one" We both laughed and then it went to silence again, "What about you? Gen tells me you're into chemistry?"

"Yeah, I'm a science nerd you could say" I looked down in a bit of embarrassment.

"You don't have to be embarrassed you know? I think a science nerd is cute," He smiled making me smile. This went on for a while. Questions, answers and then silence. Until he asked me the god forsaken question which I knew someone was going to asking me, "Do you want to dance?"

He got up from his seat and extended his arm to me. I didn't think twice, I just took his hand and stood up, letting him lead me to the dance floor.

When we got to the dance floor, I immediately became cautious of my surroundings. He took my arms and wrapped them around his neck and then brought me closer to him. Our bodies were so close together that I could feel his heartbeat, beating in his chest.

All this dancing got me remembering about my Ex. His name was Kade and he was so loyal to me and treated me as If I was his princess. But things turned upside down when he slept with some stupid girl when he went out one night. Him cheating on me left me in a dark spot in my life and I somehow felt I could never trust mean again. But right now, with Ben, it's like can trust him, even if I don't know him well.

I caught Ben's gaze. His gorgeous blue eyes staring into mine, it almost felt like a dream for me, "You have pretty eyes. Has anyone told you that?"

"I do?" I said almost inaudible. He let out a humming sound in agreement before leaning in, "Are you going to kiss me?" are you stupid!? Who asks that type of question?

"The problem is," He said as he leaned in even more, "If I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop."

I stood there dumbfounded until his connected his lips against mine into a loving first kiss. It was like the whole room just froze and fireworks were exploding around us. My heart was beating extremely fast but that wasn't stopping me. Our lips just kept moving and moving until he broke apart, letting both of us breath.

"Your house or mine?" I suggested. Which was a surprise to me.

"Your choice"

"Mine" I grabbed his hand and almost ran out of the place.