Chapter 42 - New years

Caitlyn's POV
The last few days have been great I have been feeling a whole lot better and everything in my life is going smooth, my anxiety and stress levels are dropping and I'm starting to feel a lot like how I used to be, today was the last day of 2017, Ben and I decided to stay home this year as they were going to do fireworks in our local park so instead of driving somewhere we can watch it from our balcony, my mum had sent me a diary because she knew I wanted to start writing down everything, I liked this idea because of it I feel a lot more happier "Hi Caity" Ben says leaning on the door frame of the study "hi" I continue writing "what are you doing?" He walks over to me and sits in the chair "just writing" I closed my notebook "is there something you wanted?" I took my glasses off and put them on the table "no I just can't believe that we have been together for so long nearly 2 year" I took both his hands "I know and I'm so proud of us and far we come" I get up and sit on his lap and I leaned it for a kiss but was interrupted by Kenzie Crying "I'll get her" I gave Ben a peck on his lips and got up but before I could walk out Ben grabbed my hand "I love you" he says "I love you more" I have him one more kiss and went to Kenzie. "Aw Kenzie what's wrong baby?" I pick her up "aw right I forgot your teething!" I put her down in her crib and I give her, her teething toy "here you go princess" I say down on the rocking chair and I closed my eyes for me to fall alseep. "Caity!?" I wake up to see Ben shaking me "Caity it's 11:45!" Ben said, I couldn't believe I slept for so long "oh Ben I'm so sorry" he crouched down "babe it's ok, Kenzie is alseep so we can just let her be here and we will go outside. Ok?" I nodded and took his hand to go outside. "how long have we got" I asked he looked at his phone "5 minutes" he replied we both had a glass of champagne in our hand then the countdown started " 3 2 1, Happy new year" Ben and I said at the same time we could hear everyone in the houses around us as well, we clicked glasses and we both took a sip, then I kissed him "first kiss of 2018" I said "first of many more" he made me laugh I hugged in tight him as we watched the fire works it was so loud because it was so close then all of a sudden I hear a BANG come from inside our house "Ben what was that?!" I said turning around looking inside "must have been the fireworks" I nodded and turned back to see the last few fireworks. After the fireworks finished and we both went into Kenzie's room "OH MY GOD!"