Chapter 6 - the date

Caitlyn's POV

My eyes slowly started to open. I was on the couch. Great.

I let out a loud groan and rubbed my eyes open sitting up and looking around noticing boxes and suitcases around in the living room. I checked my watch that read at 3 pm. I then quickly checked my phone and noticed a text from Ben saying, 'Can't wait to see you soon'

"Gen!?" I scream with panic, "GEN!"

"Are you alright?" She came running down the stairs, "What's wrong Caity? Did you fall off the couch? Did you hurt your head?"

"No, Ben's picking me up at 5:30. It's currently 3 O'clock, Gen!"

"Ok Calm down," She said calmly, "Let's go to your room and we can pick out your outfit and I'll do your hair and make-up" She grabbed my hand and pulled me off the couch, and we ran straight for the stairs.

Once we got into my room Gen took some time looking through my clothes and shoes until she pulled out a really pretty dress that I have never worn in my life.

She handed me the full outfit and made me immediately change in my bathroom. When I came out and showed her the choice, she had made she clapped her hands together and a smiled grew on her face

"Yes! You look absolutely stunning

"Yes! You look absolutely stunning. Ben is going to flip when he sees you"

My cheek started to redden and heat up at the comment about Ben. Is he really going to like what I am wearing?

"Ok, what about my hair and make-up?"

"Beach curls for your hair and as for your make-up?" She stood in silence just staring at my face, "Just some light make-up will do"

***

I heard the doorbell rang and I yelled out to Gen telling her I was leaving. Before I opened the door, I took a deep breath and warmed myself up. I opened the door and I noticed his eyes go up and down looking at me.

Gen was leaving once I left. She was leaving for LA tomorrow and we already said our goodbyes. Let's just say it consisted of a lot of tears.

"You look really beautiful, Caity," he said breathless, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes. I'm very excited!" He put his hand out onto me and I gladly took it. His hand gripped onto mine in an almost protective way. I loved it.

"Well I'm glad" He pressed his lips onto my cheek making me blush, "Before we go, I wanted to tell you something"

"Everything ok?" He leaned up against his car.

"Yeah, Um. It's just that I have to leave for LA. There's a big opportunity for me and I couldn't say no" Great. Another person leaving who I am close too. Before you know it, I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life! "But I want you to move with me"

"are you in a way asking me to move in with you?"

"Well you don't have to, but I would really- "I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.

"Does that answer your question?"

"You make me happy" He pushed my hair behind my ear, "But right now. I need you to put this blindfold on. We're going on a little surprise trip"

He handed me a black blindfold and the first thing that came into my mind was Is this man Kinky?

I put the blindfold on without hesitation and he helped me into his car and also helped me with putting my seatbelt on.

***

"Ok just a little bit more" Ben held onto my hands leading me up to what seemed a hill because there was a slight bit of elevation as we walked, "Ok take the blindfold off"

I took the blindfold off and I let out a giant gasp at the view. I was right. Ben had set up a picnic on a hill that overviewed the ocean. He took my hand and he dragged me to the blanket allowing us to sit down and get comfortable.

He handed me an empty glass and pulled out a bottle of champagne and popped it before pouring the liquid into both out glasses.

"To us," He said raising his glass.

"To us," I replied. We. Clinked glasses and then he kissed me for more than just a second. It was more like 30 seconds.

"I packed a cheese platter with some crackers. Oh! And there's also chocolate-covered strawberries," Ben said as he took out everything from a basket.

This was the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. I was really falling hard for him.

"So, about LA," He started before going into full details.

***

Ben and I were in a fit of laughter. We were getting to know each other a little more and turns out we have a lot in common.

"I need to use the bathroom," He announced as he stood up dusting his pants off.

"Wow, way to ruin the mood," I laughed and kissed him as he leaned down to do so.

He smiled at me and then he walked away. Leaving me by myself to enjoy the view and the silence of the place with the sound of the ocean waves crashing onto the shore.

"Hello Caitlyn" I Heard from a deep voice from behind me. It was definitely not Ben but It sounds way too familiar to me.

I turned around and saw the man I hated the most. Kade. He looked scary and very intimidating as he stood over me.

"Why are you here? I told you to stay away from me Kade," I said sounding very angry because I was actually enjoying this romantic evening with Ben.

"You know I get what I want Caity. I want you back," He replied as he grabbed my arm trying to pull me up, but I refused. Tugging my hand away from his awfully tight grip, "Still stubborn I see"

"Fuck of Kade! You don't deserve me. I don't love you and I will never love you!" I yelled through my teeth.

"What the hell is going on here?" There stood Ben looking absolutely confused.

"Ben, you need to help me. Ben- "Kade Put his hand over my mouth making me shut up.

I could tell that move that Kade had just made really pissed Ben off, "Leave her alone!" Ben yelled as he went in for a punch but Kade ran away before Ben's fist could reach his fist.

When Kade ran away. I sat there crying. More like sobbing. Ben stood there breathing hard still looking incredibly angry, but he softened when he dropped to his knees and pulled into his embrace.

"Are you ok Caity?" He asked as he wiped my tears away with his thumb. He held me so close to him. I was so close that I could his heart beating through his chest.

"I'm fine. I just really hate him, "I sobbed while holding onto Ben.

"Who was that Caity?" He said trying to comfort me.

"Kade... My ex-boyfriend. He abused me every day and cheated on me. When I finally broke up with him, he takes every chance he can hurt me again, "I cried again but this time even more as he kept hugging me, telling me I'm safe as long as he was here with me.

I loved being in Ben's embrace. I never wanted to leave it and I certainly could get used to his hugs and his scent of his cologne from his shirt. I actually feel loved.