Chapter 45 - Joe's POV

*this was a request

Joe's POV
I was awaken by the sound of screaming and Tanner Crying, I quickly get up and checked on Tanner and quickly went downstairs to have a look "what's going on?" I ask as I can see Gen awake with Ben and Caity and I could also see Caity crying "Joe go see to Tanner!" Gen turns and screams at me I didn't say anything because when she is stressed she gets very angry, I quickly go to Tanners room "dada" I open the door slightly too see Tanner sitting in his crib "what's up buddy?" I pick him up and give him his favourite blanket and take him downstairs, I go up to Gen where she is standing "come here baby" she takes Tanner from me "what's going on?" I asked for the second time staring at everyone who seemed to be crying "MY DAUGHTER IS FUCKING DEAD. SHE WAS FUCKING MURDERED!" I couldn't believe it, I was in shock I didn't know what to say and I didn't say anything, Gen had gone to give Tanner his bottle as he started crying as she was walking back Ben was explaining how they need some where to stay, Gen showed them to our guest room and I went upstairs I didn't know what to say I felt so bad for them, I got into bed waiting for Gen, she walks in with Tanner in her hands, we never let him sleep with us but today I could see why she wanted to let him, she gave Tanner a kiss on his cheek and gave me a kiss I wiped a tear on her cheek away "goodnight" I said kissing her "goodnight" she replied and turned the night light off.....