You are my sunshine

Autumn's 7th birthday.
Jessica is currently 32 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

It's early morning and Autumn is still sleeping.
Jessica tried waking Danny so he could help her, but like usual, he ignored her and faced the other way.
Jessica has. Finally had enough

"Dammit Daniel!  Wake up!"

"Jess, let me sleep!"

"You never help me!  You barely show me any affection, you show absolutely NO interest in your child!  God DAMN you, Huston!" The anger Jessica has been bottling up for months is finally coming out.

"What the hell?  You're yelling because I want to sleep?  Sorry I work all week and want to sleep in one day a week."

"Danny, stop!  Okay?  STOP!  I'm pregnant and you only care about yourself!"

Danny sits up and rubs his eyes. "Jess-"

"If you don't help me, Danny and act like you care, I swear to God, I'll leave you!"

"No don't.
... You're right.  I haven't been the best boyfriend or father to be.  I'm sorry."

"I just.. I feel like you don't care about us anymore."

"No honey.  No, no, no.. I love you guys." Danny says taking her hands in his.

"I apologize and I promise to help you out a lot more than I have been."

Jessica just looks at him and doesn't say a word.

"Jessie, I swear."

"Danny, I'm serious!"

"So am I.  I'll be better."

".... You promise?"

Danny wipes her tears and says, "I promise."

Jessica smiles softly as Danny leans in to kiss her lips.

**

Before Autumn went to her fathers for the rest of her birthday celebration, the three of them sat on Danny and Jessica's bed, talking and singing to the baby.

"Oh my gosh, Simba! You are going to hurt yourself!" Danny says as he and Autumn feel the baby moving around.

"Right? I'm afraid he'll get the cord wrapped around his little foot or something." Jessica chuckles.

"Aw, he'll be okay." Danny says.

"I just worry about everything, I'm sure he'll be fine."

"He's so wiggly!" Autumn laughs.
"Danny, play your guitar for Simba! The one you found at your mommy and daddy's!"

Danny chuckles before walking over to get the guitar.

"Oh he's really gonna wiggle around now!" Jessica says referring to the baby.

"It's been years so I may be a little rusty."

"Play you are my sunshine, Danny!"

"The birthday girl requests.. I must agree." Danny say as he start to play.

"The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamt I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
And I hung my head and I cried.."

"He can sing!" Autumn smiles at Jessica.

Jessica giggles. "We learn something new everyday!"