I hope

Sam is currently back running some tests, so Jessica has gone to sit with Sarah in the waiting room.

"Megan. He asked for Megan!" Jessica cries.

"Aw sweetie, I'm sorry." Sarah rubs her back.

"Maybe I'm being selfish, but for the past two weeks I've been here with him, I have been praying, just begging God to let Sam wake up! I looked forward to the day he woke up and smiled at me.. and said Jessie, or Button... Or I love you! This isn't how I pictured things going."

"I feel so terrible."

"I'm being such a bitch, Sarah! I love Megan, and I know Sam just isn't in his right mind right now.. but my emotions are crazy, and I can't help but to be upset!"

"Sweetie, you're not being a bitch! I understand. You think about the day Sam wakes up, and you hope it's a certain way.. and when it's not.. well it hurts. But don't worry! This is on temporary. Sam will remember, and he will be so grateful for you. And sooooo excited about this new baby on the way!"

Jessica sighs. "Maybe.. but what if he never remembers? What if I tell him the truth, about everything that has happened these last few years.. and he feels differently? Ugh! Fuck Daniel Huston for doing this to him."

**

A few hours later.

Jessica sat on the chair beside Sam's bed, just watching him sleep.
Tears poured down her face as she thought about everything they've been through, and this new unexpected journey they will be going on.

Suddenly Sam began to stir. Jessica quickly got up and took his hand in hers.
"Hey.." She said softly.

Sam looked up to her with sleepy eyes.

Jessica giggled and wiped her cheeks.
"How do you feel?"

"Ok.." Sam mumbled.

".. Do you know who I am, Sammy?"

"J-J-Jessssiee."

"Aw! Very good, Sam!" Jessica smiles. She was so proud of him.

".. Sam.. I'm sure you're wondering what happened.. You're probably confused as to why you're here.
.. Well um.. you were in a.. a accident.
.. and they had to remove a part of your skull.. that part they removed is in your tummy now.. I know that sounds so strange, but apparently that's what they do." Jessica giggles nervously. "They'll put it back in a few weeks, don't you worry.."

Sam mumbles a bit more.
"What is it, honey?" Jessica's heart hurt so badly when she couldn't understand what Sam was trying to tell her.

After a few minutes of trying to make out what Sam was saying, Sam's nurse came in to check on him.

"Ms. Lange, what can really help Mr. Shepard is just talking to him. Tell him about everything he might have forgotten.."

Jessica nods. "Okay.. Thank you.."

After the nurse leaves, Jessica sits beside Sam.
"Mmm.. Meeee.. Meeeeg.." Sam finally is able to push out his words.

"Megan.." Jessica takes a deep breath, then continues.
"Sammy.. I didn't want to have to tell you this.. I'm so sorry.. but a few years ago... Megan passed away. She had cancer.. and she didn't make it."

Sam shuts his eyes as tears fill them.

"I'm so sorry, honey! I know it hurts.. I'm here for you." Jessica grabs his hand.
"I've always been here for you."