MINGI IMAGINE

Werewolf au

It was a tradition for werewolves. Everyone knew it and everyone,indiscriminately,were obliged to do it. On their 20th birthday,werewolves were allowed to taste human blood for the first time. Kind of like a vampire thing. It was,of course,tasty for them. But not all human tasted good. Each werewolf had his own taste. So it was very important they'd make the right choice, and since it was their first time, it had to be remarkable.

Being fed with fake blood for 19 years now, Mingi had enough. He had to taste it. Even though his birthday is today, he can't hold it back anymore. The other Ateez members started to notice his unusual demeanor. His common bubbly and cheerful personality, was now subsided by something more intense and violent. His gaze was different..his eyes were darker.

Ateez were the most powerful and dangerous pack in the werewolf area. Everyone knew and feared them. Hongjoong,as the leader of their team,walked closer towards Mingi resting his hand gently on his shoulder.

-''Mingi...are you okay?'',he spoke softly, not wanting to fluster him more.

Mingi flinched at his voice, as if he just became aware of his presence. He was trembling.

-''Y-yeah I-i think I'm fine'', he said while rubbing his sweaty palms together.

He was actually not fine.He felt dizzy. He couldn't understand why he was craving something so much when, in reality,he had never tasted it before. He felt his true self being overpowered by his werewolf side. His eyes went dark and it didn't go unnoticed by the other members. Seonghwa ran over to him.

-''Calm down okay? Just breathe''.

Mingi breathed slowly in and out. The hair that started to cover up his whole body where no longer evident and he felt himself less tense. He thanked his hyung with a small nod of respect.

-''We know what you're going through okay? Some of us have been through this too. You have to be patient'', Seonghwa instructed his younger friend intently.

-''F-for how much longer..?'', Mingi moaned.

-''Me,Hongjoong and San are going to go find you someone okay?''

Mingi's head shot up. ''How do you know if I'll like it or not? What if I hate it? What if-''

-''Just relax. We will find you someone good. You have to have faith in us.''. The older one began to lose his patience so he quickly sat up to leave with the two other members. They wore their coats and headed outside as fast as they could.

-''We'll be back in an hour'', San said,before following the others who were already prepared to begin their search.

It wasn't something easy. They had to observe every little detail about the person that they were about to hand in to Mingi. How her veins pop up in her hand, if she smells good or not and many other things. They also didn't want Mingi to have an unsatisfactory first experience. They had to make sure everything was perfect. 

San heaved a long sigh of tiredness. They didn't expect this to take more than an hour. It's been such a long time since they left their dorm and still..nothing. Everyone seemed too basic for them.

-''Ughhh I'm tiiiiireeed'', San whined while pouting. ''I want to go hoooome~~''.

-''Let's search a bit more. We have to do this'', the leader encouraged both of his members.''We have to do this for Mingi. Don't you remember what he did when we were at his state??''

San huffed in annoyance. ''Yeees I know but-''.

He abruptly stopped talking when he noticed something laying on the ground. He was confused for a second, furrowed eyebrows and semi-closed eyes so that he can discriminate what was lying in front of him. His fungs appeared in a mere second ready to fight while the two other members stood behind him,bewildered at first, but prepared to protect their brother when they became aware of the body.