SAN IMAGINE

Dedicated to: AtzSan

i take out my heels and sigh to myself

i take out my heels and sigh to myself. it's been a long day and all i want to do is eat something and then sleep immediately. 

i halt my movements once i see san and belle sitting on the couch side by side, heads hanging low and pouts formed on their lips.

the tension in the room is heavy and i keep wondering if something serious happened while i wasn't there. i stand in front of them and cross my arms on my chest, anticipating any kind of explanation. 

belle's high-pitched voice breaks the silence. "daddy did it!", she announces, pointing at him with no shame.

"hey!", he fights back, having a stare competition with his daughter. 

i chuckle and let my arms drop. "what's going on?"

san stands up and approaches me. "okay, it was my fault. but please don't get mad babe."

i stare at him suspiciously and he sighs, taking my hand in his and leading me to the kitchen. i let out a deafening gasp and cover my wide-open mouth when i'm met with a disastrous sight.

the counters are covered heavily in flour.  it is accompanied by broken eggs, the yolk dripping everywhere, as though a war had occured. chocolate droplets stain the cupboards evidently, whilst whipped cream paints the fridge messily. 

i take a step deeper into the kitchen, my gaze traveling along the mess in front of me. i hear san sighing to himself, before his arms wrap around my waist.

"i'm so sorry baby", he whispers, letting his chin rest on my shoulder. 

"what happened?", i ask, turning around to face him.

he bites his lip and swallows, mumbling and fidgeting with my shirt. "well...we...we decided to bake a cake, but as you can see...it didn't turn out that well", he chuckles nervously. 

i lower my eyebrows. "why would you bake a cake on a saturday night?"

his gaze lands on mine. "for you of course."

i pause. "m-me?", my eyes widen and my heart skips a beat.

he nods and shows me his dimples. "you've been working so hard baby. it just...felt like the right thing to do you know?", he says, his hands lowering to grip my waist.

"san...you didn't have to do that.", i reply honestly, placing my hands on his chest.

"no y/n, i wanted to. i really did. you've done so many things for me. i feel like...like i've not done much."