SAN IMAGINE

Dedicated to: peachesandcream325

my eyes were glued to the romance novel that was softly placed on my lap,almost watering from its content

my eyes were glued to the romance novel that was softly placed on my lap,almost watering from its content. i gripped the last page with much more intensity than i intented to,as i read the final words. a soft gasp emitted from my lips,one mixed with pure shock and annoyance.

why does everyone have to die in romance books? i gently closed it,reminiscing my journey with it,whilst slightly smiling to myself. i felt empty and thought that i needed to fill that empty space with something. maybe another book. a show. i'll figure it out.

i looked up at the late afternoon sky. the gentle breeze calmed me down,while the dress that i was wearing caressed my thighs. i released a content sigh and closed my eyes,letting my body fall back to my wooden chair.

this is definitely how i imagined my summer break to look like. just me,nature,the beautiful weather and unlimited time to either watch movies or read books. it was definitely getting lonely sometimes,since most of my friends were away for their vacation,but i could wait. 

there were not a lot of people currently in my neighbourhood. i loved peacefulness. everything was super quiet and relaxing. it was perfect.

a soft purr broke my series of thoughts and i opened my eyes to discover its owner. my garden was rather small,so it wasn't difficult. the rustling of a bush drew my attention and my heart skipped a beat,not thinking much. i got closer and caught a glimpse of a tiny,furry tail. after a few seconds,the kitten's head popped out of nowhere and i couldn't help but plaster a genuine smile on my face.

''hi kitty!''.

i whispered and slowly brought out my hand,trying my best not to scare it away. i crouched down and stared at it with hopeful eyes. it tilted its head to the side,slightly confused from my actions. 

''it's okay kitty...''.

i reassured it and as though it was understanding me,its tiny paws began taking small steps towards me. the moment my hand connected with its little head,i felt smooth fur and its purring made me giggle warmingly. i started asking questions,like a mother would do to her kids after their day at school.

''did you get lost? hm? are you scared?'',i softly asked,as i felt its tiny body shaking against my hand.

i kept caressing its fur,trying to calm it down. i felt the kitten relaxing against my hands after a few seconds and i sensed an intimacy that i haven't experienced since a long time ago. i guess i am kind of lonely. 

i suddenly heard somebody calling a name,making me realize that the kitten's owner was probably worried where it had been all those passing minutes. i stroked its collar and observed that the name written on it was the same with the one that the owner was shouting. i was about to take her in my hands and return her,when its owner appeared behind me.