HONGJOONG IMAGINE

Dedicated to: nofacegal

the mall spreads in front of my sparkling eyes

the mall spreads in front of my sparkling eyes. people keep bustling around in the entrance, either excited to discover a new brand of perfume and add new clothes to their wardrobe, or tired with huge shopping bags hanging anticipatingly from their arms.

the aroma of the fresh coffee and baked cookies caress my cupid's bow like a gentle flower as i step into the mall. the bakeries and cafeterias are still rather empty, the quiet morning not strong enough to awake most of the people yet.

similarly, the gaming stores right beside them are merely occupied by their owners, sorting out and cleaning mostly. a particular shop smells of sweet lavender and i catch myself slowing down, wanting to embrace that warm scent entirely. yet the sight of the numerous clothing stores forces me to regain my previous walking pace, leaving the ends of my long coat swirl behind me.

i pass by chattering people in a hurry, excited to shop after a long time. my heels hit the marble floor, the clicking sound ringing continuously into my ears and i don't even realize how crazy i must look at the moment. i walk towards the elevator and press the button, awaiting for its arrival impatiently. 

my shuffling feet halt their excitement when i hear muffled whimpers and sobs. as i'm about to shrug it away, the sobs turn into heavy crying. a moment later, i feel someone pulling the sleeve of my coat and i look down to see a little girl with puffy eyes and red cheeks.

"can you please help me?" she asks with a hurtful voice, her tiny hands rubbing her swollen eyes repeatedly.

i crouch down to meet her height and try to speak as gently as i can. "are you lost?"

her ponytails wiggle as she nods, brown strands of hair stroking her shoulders slightly. i look around to see if anyone is looking at us or searching for someone, but to no avail. my gaze lands on her as she speaks again.

"i was here with my daddy..." she stutters. "until i...i saw this pretty unicorn and...and i'm so sorry." she starts crying heavily and i immediately caress her soft hair.

"you don't have to be sorry love. that's alright." my gaze turns towards the huge unicorn plastered on a shop window nearby. the colors are indeed captivating for a little kid and i giggle inwardly at her innocence.

"what's your name?" i ask softly, my hand moving to wipe her fresh tears away. her cheeks are soft and round, sending a pack of butterflies all the way into my stomach.

"bella..." she mumbles under her breath, fumbling with her white knitted dress.

"sounds like a princess name!" i exclaim and notice her face lighting up in a second. her eyes glisten under the brightness of the store like two undiscovered planets.