WOOYOUNG IMAGINE

''take this''.

i mumbled a quiet thanks,before i gently wiped my drenched hair with a towel. as he made his way towards the kitchen,i took my time to look around. 

everything looked the same. nothing had changed. the porcelain vase that was filled with tulips,his favorite flower. the english books that were placed beside it. i guess he's still studying. and the wide open,knitted curtains,their endings lightly touching the wooden floor. he still hates the dark.even though it was way past midnight and dark had swallowed the whole city by then.

 my shoes squeaked as i moved to look out from the window,reminding me of my current situation. everything happened so abruptly,the rain was pouring faster than ever,the thunder was threatening me while the lightning made me shut my eyes tightly to prevent myself from seeing it.

the umbrella that i had hastily placed on my bag that morning,was now broken and shattered on my hands. cursing myself for not buying the more expensive one,i sighed in disbelief. i felt so tense. just by standing there. memories flooded in my mind,happy and sad ones. 

me and him on his couch,cuddling each other while stuffing our faces with snacks and talking about random things. or the violent food fights in his kitchen. and his bed...where we first made love to each other. and...the last time i was here. of course...how could i forget those?

i jolted when another thunder striked into my ears,an unattractive squeak making its way out of my chapped lips. a chuckle emitted from behind me and i turned around to face him.

''well,it seems like we have no mobile signal and there are no taxis around here this time'',he announced with a monotone voice. 

''oh...'',was all i could say,tightly gripping the towel around my hand from the awkwardness.

his eyes inspected my figure,from my head to my feet. ''let me get some clothes for you''. i nodded and quickly followed him to his bedroom,slowly taking in his cologne as soon as we stepped in. his room was neat,with cds and albums mostly filling the place. still...everything was the same. nothing had changed.

after rummaging through his drawers,he finally found piece of clothings that suited me. a red hoodie and grey sweatpants with a pair of fuzzy socks as well. that hoodie was actually my favorite of his and he knew that,me filling him with compliments every time he would wear it. and at that moment i wondered if he chose that specific shirt on purpose. god...i wish he did.

i thanked him again,his eyes not meeting mine when handing them to me.

''just go to the bathroom. your toothbrush is still there if you need it and...'',he paused after mentioning the past. ''...i'll just...go and make you some chocolate''. he gifted me with a shy smile and softly closed the door behind him.

it was at that time when i closed my eyes and let my vivid thoughts wander away. i would have never thought that i would be sleeping here again. my mind couldn't comprehend it. a lightning made its presence evident once again,but i wasn't paying attention. i imaginarily slapped myself away from these thoughts. it's just one night. it will pass. just one night and then i'm gone. 

i rapidly went to the bathroom and changed. i took my time to look at myself through the transparent glass. i was a mess. my hair was still drenched,gaining almost nothing with the towel and my eye bags were apparent from miles away. i tried to ignore them however and carried my feet away from the bathroom,towards his living room.