SAN IMAGINE

Dedicated to: KikiPapa

the road is blanketed by snow, faint artificial lights shine from houses in the distance and my footprints are all that blemish the freshly-fallen snow

the unfamiliar snowy plain that spreads in front of me and the agonizingly slow crawl of time make me feel more nervous. each minute feels like an eternity as time slowly creeps by. i feel a hovering anticipation inside my chest, yet i can only grit my teeth and move forward.

it's like i'm plunging headlong through impenetrable darkness, not knowing what awaits for me in the corner, on the bench under the cherry blossom.

every night...every night this dream...this dream conquers my soul, mind and body. i'm walking through a field on another planet with that same boy. and, as usual, his face is unknown to me. yet...it all feels so familiar. 

not knowing the root of that dream and the vivid feelings encompassing it, make me feel more helpless. it makes my eyes more hazy. the unknown can be scary sometimes. yet, i can do nothing but slave away to this particular night.

this night...how different everything appears. 

the tree is dressed up in a light rosy hue. the snow coats its petals in the most elegant way, some of them gliding towards the ground, draped across the grass. others stay dedicated to their owner. sitting under this pink world helps me not think about him for a moment. the blossoms are in abundance, yet i don't mind. i find comfort in them.

i lift the thick sleeve of my coat and catch myself traveling back to reality. resting my back on the trunk of the snow-coated cherry blossom, i gaze at the soft writings on my wrist, tracing them lightly with the tip of my frozen fingers. 

9th of january 2020, 19:00, jeonju, ichigo ichie...

i sigh to myself deeply, letting the sleeve cover the engraved writings once again. looking down at my wrist watch, i observe it ticking painfully slow. 18:58...

the tree behind me. ichigo ichie...it means one time, one meeting or once in a life time. i'm about to meet my soulmate under it for the first time, yet my head is over the clouds at the moment. 

i choke back my tears, thinking the high possibilities of him not showing up. some people don't care about finding their soulmate. they think it's futile, a waste of time. something a random person made up.

yet there i am...waiting for a stranger in this freezing night. i exhale and watch my icy breath flowing in the air. another one unites with mine and my head flinches to the side.